Restoring acces to files from a previous installation of w..

Hi! I have made a childish mistake. I have had some troubles with my internet
connection/modem software and i had to reinstall windows xp pro but i didn't
moved my files from "my documents". After reinstalling windows xp pro i have
recreated same user account and password but i can't acces the directory
containing the documents from the previous windows installation. I think it
is worth mentioning that my drive is NTFS. Is there any way to restore acces
to these files?
Aprreciate quick answer!
Thank you!
3 answers Last reply
More about restoring acces files previous installation

    cosmiret@zappmobile.ro wrote:
    > Hi! I have made a childish mistake. I have had some troubles with my
    > internet connection/modem software and i had to reinstall windows xp
    > pro but i didn't moved my files from "my documents". After
    > reinstalling windows xp pro i have recreated same user account and
    > password but i can't acces the directory containing the documents
    > from the previous windows installation. I think it is worth
    > mentioning that my drive is NTFS. Is there any way to restore acces
    > to these files?
    > Aprreciate quick answer!
    > Thank you!

    Try this:

    How to take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q308421

    --
    Don Burnette

    I have followed your advice. It works. My problem is solved. Thank you very
    much!

    "Don Burnette" wrote:

    > cosmiret@zappmobile.ro wrote:
    > > Hi! I have made a childish mistake. I have had some troubles with my
    > > internet connection/modem software and i had to reinstall windows xp
    > > pro but i didn't moved my files from "my documents". After
    > > reinstalling windows xp pro i have recreated same user account and
    > > password but i can't acces the directory containing the documents
    > > from the previous windows installation. I think it is worth
    > > mentioning that my drive is NTFS. Is there any way to restore acces
    > > to these files?
    > > Aprreciate quick answer!
    > > Thank you!
    >
    > Try this:
    >
    > How to take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q308421
    >

    > --
    > Don Burnette

    You are very welcome, glad it worked, and thanks for reporting back!

    --
    Don Burnette

    cosmiret@zappmobile.ro wrote:
    > I have followed your advice. It works. My problem is solved. Thank
    > you very much!
    >
    > "Don Burnette" wrote:
    >
    >> cosmiret@zappmobile.ro wrote:
    >>> Hi! I have made a childish mistake. I have had some troubles with my
    >>> internet connection/modem software and i had to reinstall windows xp
    >>> pro but i didn't moved my files from "my documents". After
    >>> reinstalling windows xp pro i have recreated same user account and
    >>> password but i can't acces the directory containing the documents
    >>> from the previous windows installation. I think it is worth
    >>> mentioning that my drive is NTFS. Is there any way to restore acces
    >>> to these files?
    >>> Aprreciate quick answer!
    >>> Thank you!
    >>
    >> Try this:
    >>
    >> How to take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q308421
    >>

    >> --
    >> Don Burnette

Windows XP