Restoring acces to files from a previous installation of w..

October 12, 2004 4:17:03 AM

Hi! I have made a childish mistake. I have had some troubles with my internet
connection/modem software and i had to reinstall windows xp pro but i didn't
moved my files from "my documents". After reinstalling windows xp pro i have
recreated same user account and password but i can't acces the directory
containing the documents from the previous windows installation. I think it
is worth mentioning that my drive is NTFS. Is there any way to restore acces
to these files?
Aprreciate quick answer!
Thank you!
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 6:23:18 AM

cosmiret@zappmobile.ro wrote:
> Hi! I have made a childish mistake. I have had some troubles with my
> internet connection/modem software and i had to reinstall windows xp
> pro but i didn't moved my files from "my documents". After
> reinstalling windows xp pro i have recreated same user account and
> password but i can't acces the directory containing the documents
> from the previous windows installation. I think it is worth
> mentioning that my drive is NTFS. Is there any way to restore acces
> to these files?
> Aprreciate quick answer!
> Thank you!

Try this:

How to take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q308421

--
Don Burnette
Anonymous

I have followed your advice. It works. My problem is solved. Thank you very
much!

"Don Burnette" wrote:

> cosmiret@zappmobile.ro wrote:
> > Hi! I have made a childish mistake. I have had some troubles with my
> > internet connection/modem software and i had to reinstall windows xp
> > pro but i didn't moved my files from "my documents". After
> > reinstalling windows xp pro i have recreated same user account and
> > password but i can't acces the directory containing the documents
> > from the previous windows installation. I think it is worth
> > mentioning that my drive is NTFS. Is there any way to restore acces
> > to these files?
> > Aprreciate quick answer!
> > Thank you!
>
> Try this:
>
> How to take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q308421
>

> --
> Don Burnette

Anonymous
October 13, 2004 3:30:35 AM

You are very welcome, glad it worked, and thanks for reporting back!

--
Don Burnette