Polycom Viewstation FX

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

I have a Polycom Viewstation FX that has a warning
label on the blue interface socket: "Connect only to
viewstation IMUX. Failure to do so will result in
system damage".

In fact this blue socket provide a strange RJ45 with a key
index pin. What does it means ? Can I plug there a
normal quad BRI interface, with a green RJ45 socket,
allowing the set to work with ISDN ?

Is this a special Viewstation FX version that works
with IP only ? How can I identify the type or version ?

Thanks for your help

"Nio ®" <NOSPAM@fastwebnet.it> ha scritto nel messaggio
>I have a Polycom Viewstation FX that has a warning
> label on the blue interface socket: "Connect only to
> viewstation IMUX. Failure to do so will result in
> system damage".
>
> In fact this blue socket provide a strange RJ45 with a key
> index pin. What does it means ? Can I plug there a
> normal quad BRI interface, with a green RJ45 socket,
> allowing the set to work with ISDN ?
>
> Is this a special Viewstation FX version that works
> with IP only ? How can I identify the type or version ?
>
> Thanks for your help

I have discovered that IMUX means Quad BRI unit.
It seems that I need a particular RJ45 cable, a light blue
indexed from one side and green (non indexed) from
the other.

Unfortunally I have not. Anyone knows what is the
difference with a normal 8 pin RJ45 cable ?
Is it twisted ? Where can I found layout connection ?

Thank you

bgoez

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
i can probably get an answer for you on your question. It'll probably take the s/n and a little information. If you don't want to give this out over the forum, email me and I'll see what I can do to help you.