XP Tablet PC: taskbar not showing running apps

October 12, 2004 8:44:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi everybody,

My boss has bought a notebook with "Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
2005 Version 2002 Service Pack 2". The task bar does not show any running
applications, though you can access them through Task Manager or Alt-Tab.

How to fix that?

ypal
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 8:44:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Yuri Palagin wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> My boss has bought a notebook with "Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC
> Edition 2005 Version 2002 Service Pack 2". The task bar does not show
> any running applications, though you can access them through Task
> Manager or Alt-Tab.
>
> How to fix that?
>
> ypal

You should look in the tablet newsgroups for help from the experts over
there. Drop your other cross-posts.
--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

This isn't a Tablet PC issue, but one with Windows XP. 8-) The solution is
found at Kelly's Korner: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
She is a Microsoft MVP who does wonders with fixing little "annoying" issues
in XP.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Michael Stevens" <mstevens@bogusmvps.org> wrote in message
> Yuri Palagin wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> My boss has bought a notebook with "Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC
>> Edition 2005 Version 2002 Service Pack 2". The task bar does not show
>> any running applications, though you can access them through Task
>> Manager or Alt-Tab.
>>
>> How to fix that?
>>
>> ypal
>
> You should look in the tablet newsgroups for help from the experts over
> there. Drop your other cross-posts.
> --
> Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
> xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com
> http://michaelstevenstech.com
> For a better newsgroup experience. Setup a newsreader.
> http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.h...

October 12, 2004 10:35:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi Yuri,

You (or your boss) might want to download and run this edit:

Programs Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar (line 240, left column)

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
http://aspnet2.com/mvp.ashx?AnandoChatterjee

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Yuri Palagin" <ypal@***ANTISPAM***utc.ru> wrote in message news:9lss32-pde.ln1@news.utc.ru...
> Hi everybody,
>
> My boss has bought a notebook with "Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
> 2005 Version 2002 Service Pack 2". The task bar does not show any running
> applications, though you can access them through Task Manager or Alt-Tab.
>
> How to fix that?
>
> ypal

Anonymous
December 21, 2004 11:59:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Go to the following web site:
and select item number 164 it will fix the issue for you automatically

"Yuri Palagin" wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> My boss has bought a notebook with "Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
> 2005 Version 2002 Service Pack 2". The task bar does not show any running
> applications, though you can access them through Task Manager or Alt-Tab.
>
> How to fix that?
>
> ypal

Anonymous
December 22, 2004 2:19:35 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Ok, Here's what you do. Go to start, run, type in cmd. Then type format c:
ad you're ready to go. :)  Hope this helped.
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 12:31:29 PM

"Carch" <d@sddf.com> wrote in message
> Ok, Here's what you do. Go to start, run, type in cmd. Then type
> format c: ad you're ready to go. :)  Hope this helped.

Idiot

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP wrote:
> "Carch" <d@sddf.com> wrote in message
>
>> Ok, Here's what you do. Go to start, run, type in cmd. Then type
>> format c: ad you're ready to go. :)  Hope this helped.
>

> Idiot

Fortunately for the uninformed, he's to stupid to realize that the
directions he's giving cannot possibly work.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 1:36:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

And that will only throw an error message. Have you even ever used
Windows XP?

!