XP Tablet PC: taskbar not showing running apps

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi everybody,

My boss has bought a notebook with "Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
2005 Version 2002 Service Pack 2". The task bar does not show any running
applications, though you can access them through Task Manager or Alt-Tab.

How to fix that?

ypal
8 answers Last reply
More about tablet taskbar showing running apps
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Yuri Palagin wrote:
    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > My boss has bought a notebook with "Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC
    > Edition 2005 Version 2002 Service Pack 2". The task bar does not show
    > any running applications, though you can access them through Task
    > Manager or Alt-Tab.
    >
    > How to fix that?
    >
    > ypal

    You should look in the tablet newsgroups for help from the experts over
    there. Drop your other cross-posts.
    --
    Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
    xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

    This isn't a Tablet PC issue, but one with Windows XP. 8-) The solution is
    found at Kelly's Korner: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
    She is a Microsoft MVP who does wonders with fixing little "annoying" issues
    in XP.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Michael Stevens" <mstevens@bogusmvps.org> wrote in message
    > Yuri Palagin wrote:
    >> Hi everybody,
    >>
    >> My boss has bought a notebook with "Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC
    >> Edition 2005 Version 2002 Service Pack 2". The task bar does not show
    >> any running applications, though you can access them through Task
    >> Manager or Alt-Tab.
    >>
    >> How to fix that?
    >>
    >> ypal
    >
    > You should look in the tablet newsgroups for help from the experts over
    > there. Drop your other cross-posts.
    > --
    > Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
    > xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com
    > http://michaelstevenstech.com
    > For a better newsgroup experience. Setup a newsreader.
    > http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Hi Yuri,

    You (or your boss) might want to download and run this edit:

    Programs Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar (line 240, left column)

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    http://aspnet2.com/mvp.ashx?AnandoChatterjee

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Yuri Palagin" <ypal@***ANTISPAM***utc.ru> wrote in message news:9lss32-pde.ln1@news.utc.ru...
    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > My boss has bought a notebook with "Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
    > 2005 Version 2002 Service Pack 2". The task bar does not show any running
    > applications, though you can access them through Task Manager or Alt-Tab.
    >
    > How to fix that?
    >
    > ypal

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Go to the following web site:
    and select item number 164 it will fix the issue for you automatically

    "Yuri Palagin" wrote:

    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > My boss has bought a notebook with "Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
    > 2005 Version 2002 Service Pack 2". The task bar does not show any running
    > applications, though you can access them through Task Manager or Alt-Tab.
    >
    > How to fix that?
    >
    > ypal

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Ok, Here's what you do. Go to start, run, type in cmd. Then type format c:
    ad you're ready to go. :) Hope this helped.
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    "Carch" <d@sddf.com> wrote in message
    > Ok, Here's what you do. Go to start, run, type in cmd. Then type
    > format c: ad you're ready to go. :) Hope this helped.

    Idiot

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP wrote:
    > "Carch" <d@sddf.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> Ok, Here's what you do. Go to start, run, type in cmd. Then type
    >> format c: ad you're ready to go. :) Hope this helped.
    >

    > Idiot

    Fortunately for the uninformed, he's to stupid to realize that the
    directions he's giving cannot possibly work.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    And that will only throw an error message. Have you even ever used
    Windows XP?

    Carch wrote:

    > Ok, Here's what you do. Go to start, run, type in cmd. Then type format c:
    > ad you're ready to go. :) Hope this helped.

Tablets Microsoft Windows XP