DC - Get user logged on a computer account

Hello Guys,

Does someone know how to find out how many machines a user is logged on?
We are using Win2K as our DC and 96% of my systems are running windows XP.

Tks!

--
Filipe Lussana

"Filipe" <Filipe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Guys,
>
> Does someone know how to find out how many machines a user is logged on?
> We are using Win2K as our DC and 96% of my systems are running windows XP.
>
> Tks!
>
> --
> Filipe Lussana

This is a far from an ideal solution, but you could use "net session" on
your domain controller as a GUIDE. This will list the current sessions,
including the user and the computer that each session is connecting from. A
session is automatically created when someone logs in (because when they
login a session is created for authentication purposes) and will be
created/maintained when someone uses a server resource (such as a share or
printer).

Whilst this may give you a guide, it has the following problems:

1. sessions timeout and therefore users will disappear from the list.

2. I don't think sessions are closed straight away when someone logs out, so
it may give the impression that someone is still connected from a pc which
they have logged out from. (This was true with NT4, so I assume it still
holds now.)

Hope it helps. I'm sure there must be a better solution out there. Let us
know if you find a better way (I would be interested).

Brian.

www.cryer.co.uk/brian