How do I remove the messenger service window?

Hi,

I don't know why the messenger service window always pops up, it's like some
kind of advertisment, it's just so
annoying, I remember there's a way to remove it. Can anybody tell me how?
Thanks in advance.

Adrian
3 answers Last reply
More about remove messenger service window

    You need a properly configured firewall.

    Messenger Service Window That Contains an Internet Advertisement Appears
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q330904

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Adrian" wrote:
    | Hi,
    |
    | I don't know why the messenger service window always pops up, it's like
    some
    | kind of advertisment, it's just so
    | annoying, I remember there's a way to remove it. Can anybody tell me how?
    | Thanks in advance.
    |
    | Adrian

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. The resolution is "Install firewall, block inbound
    NetBIOS and UDPbroadcast traffic on your computer"

    I got a McCafee firewall installed, but how can I block those traffic?

    Regards,

    "Dave Patrick" <mail@Nospam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
    > You need a properly configured firewall.
    >

    > Messenger Service Window That Contains an Internet Advertisement Appears
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q330904
    >

    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Adrian" wrote:
    > | Hi,
    > |
    > | I don't know why the messenger service window always pops up, it's like
    > some
    > | kind of advertisment, it's just so
    > | annoying, I remember there's a way to remove it. Can anybody tell me
    how?
    > | Thanks in advance.
    > |
    > | Adrian

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Ideally a hardware firewall but the Messenger service uses UDP ports 135,
    137, and 138; TCP ports 135, 139, and 445

    --

    "Adrian" wrote:
    | Hi,
    | Thanks for your reply. The resolution is "Install firewall, block inbound
    | NetBIOS and UDPbroadcast traffic on your computer"
    |
    | I got a McCafee firewall installed, but how can I block those traffic?

Messenger Microsoft Servers Windows