How do I remove the messenger service window?

Tags:
  • Messenger
  • Microsoft
  • Servers
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 18, 2005 4:43:40 PM

Hi,

I don't know why the messenger service window always pops up, it's like some
kind of advertisment, it's just so
annoying, I remember there's a way to remove it. Can anybody tell me how?
Thanks in advance.

Adrian

More about : remove messenger service window

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 4:43:41 PM

You need a properly configured firewall.

Messenger Service Window That Contains an Internet Advertisement Appears
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q330904

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Adrian" wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I don't know why the messenger service window always pops up, it's like
some
| kind of advertisment, it's just so
| annoying, I remember there's a way to remove it. Can anybody tell me how?
| Thanks in advance.
|
| Adrian

June 18, 2005 6:40:55 PM

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. The resolution is "Install firewall, block inbound
NetBIOS and UDPbroadcast traffic on your computer"

I got a McCafee firewall installed, but how can I block those traffic?

Regards,

"Dave Patrick" <mail@Nospam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
> You need a properly configured firewall.
>

> Messenger Service Window That Contains an Internet Advertisement Appears
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q330904
>

> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Adrian" wrote:
> | Hi,
> |
> | I don't know why the messenger service window always pops up, it's like
> some
> | kind of advertisment, it's just so
> | annoying, I remember there's a way to remove it. Can anybody tell me
how?
> | Thanks in advance.
> |
> | Adrian

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 6:40:56 PM

Ideally a hardware firewall but the Messenger service uses UDP ports 135,
137, and 138; TCP ports 135, 139, and 445

--

!