Cannot access disk degramentor

Joe

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking (More info?)

I logged into my Windows 2000 advanced server via a remote terminal server
connection and went to "My Computer>manage>disk defragmenter and started a
Disk defragmentation on the data drives. The remote connection was dropped
and when I reconnected to the server and went to the same utility I get this
dialog box "This version of Disk Defragmenter does not support running more
than one instance." I tried going to the Task Manager to end the process but
it is not listed. How do I access this utility remotely and end this module.
Is there a way? Thank you in advance for your help. I humbly appreciate any
assistance or recommendations.

Joey

Daniel

Joe wrote:
> I logged into my Windows 2000 advanced server via a remote terminal server
> connection and went to "My Computer>manage>disk defragmenter and started a
> Disk defragmentation on the data drives. The remote connection was dropped
> and when I reconnected to the server and went to the same utility I get this
> dialog box "This version of Disk Defragmenter does not support running more
> than one instance." I tried going to the Task Manager to end the process but
> it is not listed. How do I access this utility remotely and end this module.
> Is there a way? Thank you in advance for your help. I humbly appreciate any
> assistance or recommendations.
>
> Joey

Logon to the server and end the other session via Terminal Services
Manager. Then you will be able to run it.

--

Daniel
MCSE, MCP+I, MCP in Windows 2000/NT

remove the 2nd madrid from my mail address to contact me.