booting from default location why ?

Dear All
I have windows 2000 advanced server.sp4 installed.I modify my boot.ini now
problem is that my system show me at startup boot from c:\winnt
and from default location.where is this default location installed in
registry or another location in system.
I want that my system show me normal screen as new system installed.
any one help me.

boot.ini is corrupt. Post what you have.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"satendar" wrote:
| Dear All
| I have windows 2000 advanced server.sp4 installed.I modify my boot.ini now
| problem is that my system show me at startup boot from c:\winnt
| and from default location.where is this default location installed in
| registry or another location in system.
| I want that my system show me normal screen as new system installed.
| any one help me.

thanx Dave
Basically I just modify my boot.ini.and set time 2 second.I have two
operating system win3k and win2k.then I restart my pc three option come like:
windows 2000
windows 2003
Deafult
why this default one comes.you know I have delete boot.ini after that my
windows 2000 server booting from where this booting.I am amazed really.this
is the new expreriance in my life.I shaw when we delete boot.ini system
should not be boot.
why this is going on.

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> boot.ini is corrupt. Post what you have.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "satendar" wrote:
> | Dear All
> | I have windows 2000 advanced server.sp4 installed.I modify my boot.ini now
> | problem is that my system show me at startup boot from c:\winnt
> | and from default location.where is this default location installed in
> | registry or another location in system.
> | I want that my system show me normal screen as new system installed.
> | any one help me.

There's no way for me to know without seeing the contents of boot.ini