Sign in with
Your question

First build Help please

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 8, 2006 2:34:34 AM

Hi, I'm currently working on building my first pc, here are the specs from my egg order..

ASUS P5LD2 Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 945P ATX
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
OCZ Gold Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (
eVGA 256-P2-N554-AX Geforce 7600GT KO 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express
Intel Pentium D 805
antec sp-450 psu

I have installed the cpu, mounted the mainboard, and installed all power cables. i set my cd rom as master, I left the hdd off to avoid spinning up and down until after i made sure everthing was working. (dont know if this was a good idea) After mounting the video card, and turning it on, the post screen came up ONCE! the ram and cpu was properly registered. i thought great, i restarted, took alook around bios options but did not change anything from their defaults. I restarted, and shut it down (flipped psu switch) when it said unable to find an OS to boot from.

After eating dinner (gotta eat u know..) i thought i could finish this by plugging in hdd and installing os but instead i dont get the post screen at all, and no signal is coming from the video card. I remount the card to no avail. No sounds are coming from the case speakers..

Any suggestions? Power led on motherboard is ON. everything is powered, video card fan is spinning. May i possibly have a doa video card?

Thanks for your input.

edit- i have checked my monitor, via my laptop, monitor is working perfectly

Thanks again.

More about : build

August 8, 2006 1:14:46 PM

Since it turned on and you looked through the BIOS, have you opened the case? I would assume so, could any cables been have knocked loose? So the mobo is getting power, are all the fans spinning? Check the CPU fan cable. Any beeps? From the motherboard? Try resetting the CMOS just in case you accidently changed something without knowing.

Good luck!

~Ibrahim~
!