Copying Files Between Servers

JM

This question has always bugged me...

We have gigabit lan connections between servers in our server room. We have
10/100 lan connections for our workstations (including my workstation).

If I copy a large amount of data between servers, say, 10GB, should this be
done from the server using term serv, or is it just as fast to do this from
my workstation via mapped drives?

Thanks!

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 07:08:31 -0500, "JM" <JM@nospam.com> wrote:

>This question has always bugged me...
>
>We have gigabit lan connections between servers in our server room. We have
>10/100 lan connections for our workstations (including my workstation).
>
>If I copy a large amount of data between servers, say, 10GB, should this be
>done from the server using term serv, or is it just as fast to do this from
>my workstation via mapped drives?
>
>Thanks!

If your Workstation is involved, it will use the 10/100 connection.

I prefer causing a server to run a script to copy the data.