Installed Service Pack 2.... somewhere my camera software.. ....downloads
pictures from Camera to computer has disappeared.. (Fuji..) Searched but
nothing.... is this normal..?

Thanks

Edward T

Have you tried removing and reinstalling your camera software? Have you
checked the Camera manufacturer's website for updated software and the
latest XP compatible drivers for your camera?

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Edward Thomson wrote:

> Installed Service Pack 2.... somewhere my camera software.. ....downloads
> pictures from Camera to computer has disappeared.. (Fuji..) Searched but
> nothing.... is this normal..?

After installing SP2 my USB camera would start up the 'wizard' then
fail! It was fixed after I disabled the power controls for the USB. - ??

It was an XP Copy.. only installed a month ago.... I will reinstall the
software.. its curiousity that is making me wonder where the hell it has
gone... :)

> Have you tried removing and reinstalling your camera software? Have you
> checked the Camera manufacturer's website for updated software and the
> latest XP compatible drivers for your camera?
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "Edward Thomson" <edward_thomson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Installed Service Pack 2.... somewhere my camera software.. ....downloads
>> pictures from Camera to computer has disappeared.. (Fuji..) Searched but
>> nothing.... is this normal..?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Edward T

That doesn't mean there aren't any updates. You can buy a product and the
software included with it may already have been updated at the
manufacturer's website. Further, when you moved to SP2, you substantially
changed the operating environment that again may require updated software
and/or drivers for your camera. On the positive side, the whole issue may
simply be that the software or drivers became corrupted in the SP2
installation, thus my suggestion to try removing and reinstalling the
software.

--

> It was an XP Copy.. only installed a month ago.... I will reinstall the
> software.. its curiousity that is making me wonder where the hell it has
> gone... :)
>

> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
>> Have you tried removing and reinstalling your camera software? Have you
>> checked the Camera manufacturer's website for updated software and the
>> latest XP compatible drivers for your camera?
>>
>> --
>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>>
>> "Edward Thomson" <edward_thomson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>> Installed Service Pack 2.... somewhere my camera software..
>>> ....downloads pictures from Camera to computer has disappeared..
>>> (Fuji..) Searched but nothing.... is this normal..?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Edward T

Will try.. many thanks...

> That doesn't mean there aren't any updates. You can buy a product and the
> software included with it may already have been updated at the
> manufacturer's website. Further, when you moved to SP2, you substantially
> changed the operating environment that again may require updated software
> and/or drivers for your camera. On the positive side, the whole issue may
> simply be that the software or drivers became corrupted in the SP2
> installation, thus my suggestion to try removing and reinstalling the
> software.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "Edward Thomson" <edward_thomson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> It was an XP Copy.. only installed a month ago.... I will reinstall the
>> software.. its curiousity that is making me wonder where the hell it has
>> gone... :)
>>

>> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
>>> Have you tried removing and reinstalling your camera software? Have you
>>> checked the Camera manufacturer's website for updated software and the
>>> latest XP compatible drivers for your camera?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
>>> Windows Shell/User
>>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend