IPSec between 2 win2k servs... help

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hi there,

Can IPSec work between 2 win 2k standalone servers which are on the same ip
range/subnet (eg. 192.168.0.x)?

Do i need RRAS installed?

Yes - if they're on different IP ranges??

I'm having real problems with the tunnel itself. I can create the tunnel but
i'm getting no stats show up ipsecmon!??

when i do a netdiag /test:ipsec /debug it does show active filters and say
passed but as i am not getting any stats or SA's showing i doubt its
actually created.

Also, If i change the encryption on one end surely i should lose the tunnel
and not be able to ping?

Thanks for any responses,
Steve

PS: If this question belongs in another forum please tell me which...

"" wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Can IPSec work between 2 win 2k standalone servers which are
> on the same ip
> range/subnet (eg. 192.168.0.x)?
>
> Do i need RRAS installed?
>
> Yes - if they're on different IP ranges??
>
> I'm having real problems with the tunnel itself. I can create
> the tunnel but
> i'm getting no stats show up ipsecmon!??
>
> when i do a netdiag /test:ipsec /debug it does show active
> filters and say
> passed but as i am not getting any stats or SA's showing i
> doubt its
> actually created.
>
> Also, If i change the encryption on one end surely i should
> lose the tunnel
> and not be able to ping?
>

> Thanks for any responses,
> Steve
>
> PS: If this question belongs in another forum please tell me
> which...

two sites should use different IP. this page may help,

ipsecAudit Policy: To troubleshoot IPSec when it does not behave the
way that you expect it to, first check the results of the Phase One
and Phase Two exchanges ...
www.chicagotech.net/ipsec.htm

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Advanced-Server-IPSec-win2k-servs-help-ftopict395901.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1317702