server problems help needed

Hi I have a problem with the serever at work. The system crashed from what
we believed to have been a dead switch problem. All of the DHCP settings
have gone and after swapping the defective switch we can see the client
machines in dhcp but they cannot connect or see the server. All the
origional settings have been replaced into dhcp but still no joy.

Has anyone any help or advice to give bearing in mind Both myself and my
colleague who is assisting are both reletive newcommers to servers.

Many thanks

dogofwar

"" wrote:
> Hi I have a problem with the serever at work. The system
> crashed from what
> we believed to have been a dead switch problem. All of the
> DHCP settings
> have gone and after swapping the defective switch we can see
> the client
> machines in dhcp but they cannot connect or see the server.
> All the
> origional settings have been replaced into dhcp but still no
> joy.
>
> Has anyone any help or advice to give bearing in mind Both
> myself and my
> colleague who is assisting are both reletive newcommers to
> servers.
>
> Many thanks
>
> dogofwar

I would check the DNS settings first. Can you ping the server by name?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Advanced-Server-problems-help-needed-ftopict398027.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1317701