Canon i860 - No blacks on Staples photo paper?

I have a Canon i860 printer (5 cartidges - CMYK - and another black for text).
Have a 100-pack of Staples "Professional High Gloss Photo Paper" and have been
trying to print photos with a lot of black. If I select as the paper type "Photo
Paper Pro", most of the black prints as purple. If I select "Glossy Photo Paper"
or "Photo Paper Pro Glossy" or "Plain Paper", most of the black prints as
pinkish gray. If I print on regular old paper stock, the black prints properly.

Am I SOL with this paper? Suggestions?
--
jw@nospamforme.com
1 answer Last reply

    Run a nozzle check. Plain paper mode uses the black from the BCI-3ebk tank
    which is the pigmented black. Other paper modes use the BCI-6bk tank which
    is the dye based photo black. It appears that the photo black nozzles are
    clogged or that you have inadequate ink flow from the cartridge.
    --
    Ron

    "JW" <jdub@doesntlikespam.net> wrote in message
    >I have a Canon i860 printer (5 cartidges - CMYK - and another black for
    >text).
    > Have a 100-pack of Staples "Professional High Gloss Photo Paper" and have
    > been
    > trying to print photos with a lot of black. If I select as the paper type
    > "Photo
    > Paper Pro", most of the black prints as purple. If I select "Glossy Photo
    > Paper"
    > or "Photo Paper Pro Glossy" or "Plain Paper", most of the black prints as
    > pinkish gray. If I print on regular old paper stock, the black prints
    > properly.
    >
    > Am I SOL with this paper? Suggestions?
    > --
    > jw@nospamforme.com