Repair weapons. Help

Hi everyone,

I've be playing MW on xbox for some time now, and I just bought
the pc version so I could use the construction set. I'm at level 3.

My problem is that I can't seem to repair any weapons/armor.
I have tongs, Journ... hammers, and can bring up the window
that show what needs repairing. I can scroll thru them, but I
can't use the hammer. Do I need to be at a higher level? I never
had a problem with xbox doing repairs. I'm assuming the left mouse
button is the use button, no go. I tried space bar, and all the other
keys, but no go.

any ideas?

The little paragraph on p29 does not show anything special.

Thanks,
El Boa

"El Boa" <Someone@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've be playing MW on xbox for some time now, and I just bought
> the pc version so I could use the construction set. I'm at level 3.
>
> My problem is that I can't seem to repair any weapons/armor.
> I have tongs, Journ... hammers, and can bring up the window
> that show what needs repairing. I can scroll thru them, but I
> can't use the hammer. Do I need to be at a higher level? I never
> had a problem with xbox doing repairs. I'm assuming the left mouse
> button is the use button, no go. I tried space bar, and all the other
> keys, but no go.
>
> any ideas?
>
> The little paragraph on p29 does not show anything special.
>
> Thanks,
> El Boa

Select repair item and drag it to your portrait.

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 05:17:43 GMT, "ALMA ENGELS"
<thirinel@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>"El Boa" <Someone@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I've be playing MW on xbox for some time now, and I just bought
>> the pc version so I could use the construction set. I'm at level 3.
>>
>> My problem is that I can't seem to repair any weapons/armor.
>> I have tongs, Journ... hammers, and can bring up the window
>> that show what needs repairing. I can scroll thru them, but I
>> can't use the hammer. Do I need to be at a higher level? I never
>> had a problem with xbox doing repairs. I'm assuming the left mouse
>> button is the use button, no go. I tried space bar, and all the other
>> keys, but no go.
>>
>> any ideas?
>>
>> The little paragraph on p29 does not show anything special.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> El Boa
>
>Select repair item and drag it to your portrait.

I don't think that will work. What I do is select the hammer or tongs
that I want to use and drop that on my character. That brings up the
list of things which can be repaired. Then I left-click on the item I
want to repair After the report of success or failure, I keep
clicking until I run out of hammers and tongs, or everything is
repaired.
--
Nyctolops

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 05:17:43 GMT, "ALMA ENGELS"
<thirinel@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>"El Boa" <Someone@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I've be playing MW on xbox for some time now, and I just bought
>> the pc version so I could use the construction set. I'm at level 3.
>>
>> My problem is that I can't seem to repair any weapons/armor.
>> I have tongs, Journ... hammers, and can bring up the window
>> that show what needs repairing. I can scroll thru them, but I
>> can't use the hammer. Do I need to be at a higher level? I never
>> had a problem with xbox doing repairs. I'm assuming the left mouse
>> button is the use button, no go. I tried space bar, and all the other
>> keys, but no go.
>>
>> any ideas?
>>
>> The little paragraph on p29 does not show anything special.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> El Boa
>
>Select repair item and drag it to your portrait.

When I select a damage item and equip it. It does not repair.
If I select the repair hammers and equip them, I get the repair
screen, but the left mouse click does not work. Now I am
thinking I may have a problem with the mouse. I am using
MS optical wheel mouse.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
El Boa

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:20:24 -0700, Nyctolops
<nyctolops@vla.nospam.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 05:17:43 GMT, "ALMA ENGELS"
><thirinel@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>

>>"El Boa" <Someone@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I've be playing MW on xbox for some time now, and I just bought
>>> the pc version so I could use the construction set. I'm at level 3.
>>>
>>> My problem is that I can't seem to repair any weapons/armor.
>>> I have tongs, Journ... hammers, and can bring up the window
>>> that show what needs repairing. I can scroll thru them, but I
>>> can't use the hammer. Do I need to be at a higher level? I never
>>> had a problem with xbox doing repairs. I'm assuming the left mouse
>>> button is the use button, no go. I tried space bar, and all the other
>>> keys, but no go.
>>>
>>> any ideas?
>>>
>>> The little paragraph on p29 does not show anything special.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> El Boa
>>
>>Select repair item and drag it to your portrait.
>>
>I don't think that will work. What I do is select the hammer or tongs
>that I want to use and drop that on my character. That brings up the
>list of things which can be repaired. Then I left-click on the item I
>want to repair After the report of success or failure, I keep
>clicking until I run out of hammers and tongs, or everything is
>repaired.

This is what I have been doing, but when I left click, nothing
happens. I'm not having any other mouse problems, so i
do not think that is what it is. I do get the list of things and
can scroll down through them, but no repair.

> On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 05:17:43 GMT, "ALMA ENGELS"
> <thirinel@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>

>> "El Boa" <Someone@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I've be playing MW on xbox for some time now, and I just bought
>>> the pc version so I could use the construction set. I'm at level 3.
>>>
>>> My problem is that I can't seem to repair any weapons/armor.
>>> I have tongs, Journ... hammers, and can bring up the window
>>> that show what needs repairing. I can scroll thru them, but I
>>> can't use the hammer. Do I need to be at a higher level? I never
>>> had a problem with xbox doing repairs. I'm assuming the left mouse
>>> button is the use button, no go. I tried space bar, and all the
>>> other keys, but no go.
>>>
>>> any ideas?
>>>
>>> The little paragraph on p29 does not show anything special.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> El Boa
>>
>> Select repair item and drag it to your portrait.
>>

> When I select a damage item and equip it. It does not repair.
> If I select the repair hammers and equip them, I get the repair
> screen, but the left mouse click does not work. Now I am
> thinking I may have a problem with the mouse. I am using
> MS optical wheel mouse.
>
> Any help or suggestions appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> El Boa

I'm using a MS Wheelmouse Optical, default XP driver for it, and its on
a USB port, not PS2. No problems with it in game at all. My own
Armorer skills were kinda low. I went thru a LOT of hammer
kits.....well, still do :) But I can't see why this isn't working for
you. Your Button 0 is assigned to Attack, right?
McG.

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:19:54 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>"El Boa" <Someone@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 05:17:43 GMT, "ALMA ENGELS"
>> <thirinel@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>>

>>> "El Boa" <Someone@nowhere.net> wrote in message

>>> Select repair item and drag it to your portrait.
>>>

>> When I select a damage item and equip it. It does not repair.
>> If I select the repair hammers and equip them, I get the repair
>> screen, but the left mouse click does not work. Now I am
>> thinking I may have a problem with the mouse. I am using
>> MS optical wheel mouse.
>>
>> Any help or suggestions appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> El Boa
>
>I'm using a MS Wheelmouse Optical, default XP driver for it, and its on
>a USB port, not PS2. No problems with it in game at all. My own
>Armorer skills were kinda low. I went thru a LOT of hammer
>kits.....well, still do :) But I can't see why this isn't working for
>you. Your Button 0 is assigned to Attack, right?
>McG.

Yes

Is there a restriction on the character/race one is using?
I set this one up as a wood elf being a theif. Maybe he
is too weak to pick up hammer. <grin>

El Boa

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:24:44 -0600, El Boa <Someone@nowhere.net>
wrote:

>Is there a restriction on the character/race one is using?
>I set this one up as a wood elf being a theif. Maybe he
>is too weak to pick up hammer. <grin>

That's not it, as I have an almost identical character and he can
repair things. It takes him forever, as he is not very good at it,
but he can repair things.

This might sound silly, but it has happened to me. When you
left-click, is your pointer on the item or on the name of the item? I
can't get repair to work unless the pointer is actually on the item
itself. If I point to the name of the item and click, nothing happens
at all.
--
Nyctolops

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:56:00 -0700, Nyctolops
<nyctolops@vla.nospam.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:24:44 -0600, El Boa <Someone@nowhere.net>
>wrote:
>>
>>Is there a restriction on the character/race one is using?
>>I set this one up as a wood elf being a theif. Maybe he
>>is too weak to pick up hammer. <grin>
>>
>That's not it, as I have an almost identical character and he can
>repair things. It takes him forever, as he is not very good at it,
>but he can repair things.
>
>This might sound silly, but it has happened to me. When you
>left-click, is your pointer on the item or on the name of the item? I
>can't get repair to work unless the pointer is actually on the item
>itself. If I point to the name of the item and click, nothing happens
>at all.

That was it!!!

Thanks! I guess I was so use to be able to click anywhere in the xbox
version that I did not try just the icon. Sweet! I was not looking
forward to having to return to the "smith" all the time.

Hats off to you.

El Boa

TRENDING THREADS