Windows XP Screensaver timeout problem

a b Ý World of Warcraft
October 12, 2004 5:17:21 PM

Benny Wrote:
> Dave H Dave.H.1dst0y@pcbanter.net wrote in message
> news:D ave.H.1dst0y@pcbanter.net...-
> Problem Solved!!!
> I recently uninstalled B's recorder Gold and all it's associated
> programmes. Everything has now returned to normal, screensavers and
> power schemes all working perfectly.
>
> Thanks for all the useful comments.
>
> Dave H-
>
> Hey Dave!
>
> You're absolutely right! WOW! My Windows XP is a german version and
> there the B's recorder Gold seems to be called "Update fuer die
> Windows XP HighMAT-Unterstuetzung im Assistenten zum Schreiben von
> CDs" (Gee! Isn't German a complicated language :)  I removed it and
> _after_ _a_ _reboot_ my screensaver worked again (without reboot it
> won't work)!
>
> Tanks for all an nice greetings,
> Benny

Hi Benny,

Glad to hear that you were successful. Thanks for the message.

I hope B's recorder are listening.

Cheers,

Dave H

--
Dave H

More about : windows screensaver timeout problem

October 25, 2004 7:23:52 PM

Dave H <Dave.H.1e0ocy@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:<Dave.H.1e0ocy@pcbanter.net>...
> Hi Benny,
>
> Glad to hear that you were successful. Thanks for the message.
>
> I hope B's recorder are listening.

Well, this is my theory: When I think about that stuff I remeber that
"good" old times with that 2X CD recorders. The problem was that the
burning process easily ran out of sync because all the systems and
buses were so slow. This was (!) the reason the CD bruning programs
disabled the screensaver (under Win 3.1 and early Win 95 :) . Now they
invented recorders which do their job in 2 minutes and things like
burn-proof. And still some freaks disable the screensavers whithout
let the users know... That's what we call usability :) )

CU!

Benny
!