Windows XP Screensaver timeout problem

Benny Wrote:
> Dave H Dave.H.1dst0y@pcbanter.net wrote in message
> Problem Solved!!!
> I recently uninstalled B's recorder Gold and all it's associated
> programmes. Everything has now returned to normal, screensavers and
> power schemes all working perfectly.
>
> Thanks for all the useful comments.
>
> Dave H-
>
> Hey Dave!
>
> You're absolutely right! WOW! My Windows XP is a german version and
> there the B's recorder Gold seems to be called "Update fuer die
> Windows XP HighMAT-Unterstuetzung im Assistenten zum Schreiben von
> CDs" (Gee! Isn't German a complicated language :) I removed it and
> _after_ _a_ _reboot_ my screensaver worked again (without reboot it
> won't work)!
>
> Tanks for all an nice greetings,
> Benny

Hi Benny,

Glad to hear that you were successful. Thanks for the message.

I hope B's recorder are listening.

Cheers,

Dave H

--
Dave H
1 answer Last reply

    Dave H <Dave.H.1e0ocy@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:<Dave.H.1e0ocy@pcbanter.net>...
    > Hi Benny,
    >
    > Glad to hear that you were successful. Thanks for the message.
    >
    > I hope B's recorder are listening.

    Well, this is my theory: When I think about that stuff I remeber that
    "good" old times with that 2X CD recorders. The problem was that the
    burning process easily ran out of sync because all the systems and
    buses were so slow. This was (!) the reason the CD bruning programs
    disabled the screensaver (under Win 3.1 and early Win 95 :). Now they
    invented recorders which do their job in 2 minutes and things like
    burn-proof. And still some freaks disable the screensavers whithout
    let the users know... That's what we call usability :))

    CU!

    Benny

Screensaver World Of Warcraft Windows XP