Task Scheduler not run

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.applications (More info?)

Hi all,

The task scheduler on my Windows 2000 server could not run.
When attempting to edit a task that had been added to task scheduler, I
got the following error message:
General page initialization failed.
The specific error is: 0x80041315:
The task scheduler service is not running.

The task scheduler service must be disabled first to make it run.
Afterwards, the task could be edited.
But the task would not run even the scheduled time had past.
When attempting to edit the task, the error message above would raised
again.
Please help me if someone knows how to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Alen

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.applications (More info?)

Make sure the Task Scheduler service is set to Log On as the Local System
Account

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Dave Patrick wrote:
> Make sure the Task Scheduler service is set to Log On as the Local System
> Account

The service had been set to Log On as the Local System Account before
but it's still not working.

But I have just tried to check the "allow service to interact with
desktop" and the task could run well and so far there is no problem.

Thanks,
Alen

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.applications (More info?)

You're welcome.

--

"alen" wrote:
| The service had been set to Log On as the Local System Account before
| but it's still not working.
|
| But I have just tried to check the "allow service to interact with
| desktop" and the task could run well and so far there is no problem.
|
| Thanks,
| Alen

arnel_pogi

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Guys,

I have an issue with task scheduler using Windows Advance Server 2000. I have created Task to run a backup in especific time. But suddenly, when i tried to edit & change the setting by right click PROPERTIES all options are greyed out. I can't even create a new task. DO you have any idea about this?

Thanks,
ARnel