power supply that came with the case?

i bought a thermaltake matrix case, and it came with a 400 watt "purepower 2.0" powersupply. will it be enough to run my new conroe system? here are my specs:

core 2 duo e6400
2gb ocz gold ddr2
evga geforce 7600 GT KO
seagate 400gb SATA hard drive
a dvd burner

ive read around that cheap power supplies will blow up? is this one any good?
12 answers Last reply
More about power supply case
  1. thermaltake aren't considered one of the best but they aren't at the bottom either. They are certainly better than brands like xclio and aspire. 400w should be enough to power your system as nothing on there is really demanding.
  2. yeah unless you are dumb or moron

psu is the heart of the computer do not fool around with so-called true power unless it is certified.
  3. Quote:
    yeah unless you are dumb or moron

psu is the heart of the computer do not fool around with so-called true power unless it is certified.

Hey man, I've read 6 of your posts so far and you don't make much sense. Plus you haven't provided any usefull information, what exactly are you posting for? Just to call people names?
  4. A Good piece of Power Supply Does not under supply the computer and does not cause system to hang stop working and also fan to be too over noisy.
  5. the cheaper the power supply the quicker the computer gets killed by bad capacitors in the power supply

and you will see more buldging Capacitor on the mainboard
  6. Quote:
    The system specs that he has dosn't require any more then 300-350W. There are worse PSU's out there then Thermaltake. The in case PSU will be all he needs for now. If in the future he desides to upgrade, overclock, or SLi his power demands will change and a ne PSU may be needed. For now he dosn't need to invest the money on a new PSU, even though it wouldn't hurt to be ready for the future. But why spend money you don't have.

Side note:
    your post are hard to understand. Please make more of an effort to use better english, or get a middle school education first.

Yes there are better PSU in the Market, but mostly people will ignore the fact that computer and PSU have been rack with BAD Capacitor over the years.

Have you check how many mainboard have bad Bulging Capacitors ?
  7. Quite frankly none of your posts have still made any effort at helping anyone. All you do is state "BAD PSU ARE BAD FOR YOU MADE WITH BAD CAPACITORS".

If you want to help then at least tell him what you think are GOOD psu's.
  8. Quote:
    A Good piece of Power Supply Does not under supply the computer and does not cause system to hang stop working and also fan to be too over noisy.

F@!king wow
  9. Quote:
    The system specs that he has dosn't require any more then 300-350W. There are worse PSU's out there then Thermaltake. The in case PSU will be all he needs for now. If in the future he desides to upgrade, overclock, or SLi his power demands will change and a ne PSU may be needed. For now he dosn't need to invest the money on a new PSU, even though it wouldn't hurt to be ready for the future. But why spend money you don't have.

Side note:
    your post are hard to understand. Please make more of an effort to use better english, or get a middle school education first.

cool, i guess ill be keeping my psu. i might do some light overclocking though. how much can i overclock the e6400 with this power supply?
  10. That PSU should be 100% fine, Thermaltake are at least a recognised brand - so whilst it's certainly no Antec or Enermax it is a step up from a 'generic' PSU.

However, after having a Thermaltake PurePower PSU die on me (its currently sitting dead in my old PC right now, its around 420w) I certainly wouldn't buy from them given the choice.

I've owned an Antec NeoHE 430w and now 550w and I think I've found a PSU manufacturer I'm going to stick with. The NeoHE series is efficient and certainly very quiet.

However, seeing as this comes with your case I don't see a burning need to upgrade it at additional expense - especially considering that Conroe is conservative with power consumption at stock (as is the 7600GT compared to the flagship GPU's).

You will, though, need to upgrade that PSU if you intend to overclock your CPU and graphics card heavily.
    I'd also heartily recommend upgrading it if you get a new power hungry graphics card - such as 7800GT/GTX, 7900GT/GTX, X1800XT/XTX, or X1900XT/XTX.
    The GTX/XTX versions in particular need a powerful PSU, I'd recommend a 450-500w version for single-GPU setup or quality 550w MINIMUM if you were to go for a dual-GPU setup in future (assuming your motherboard at that time permits this).
  11. Quote:
    A Good piece of Power Supply Does not under supply the computer and does not cause system to hang stop working and also fan to be too over noisy.

learn english. homo.

anyways. As the decent poeple of this forum said, the 400w should be fine as long as u dont OC or SLI
  12. Quote:

learn english. homo.

Amen
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Components