Lite-ON SOHW 1693S Grade1 Burning problems

pkquat

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2005
I am burning with Nero 6.0 UE. I often get errors when it verifies the burn. The errors are usually in the same spot. Some identical burned home movie DVD's don't play in a standard DVD player or eventually lock up. Some are OK. So far only Sony media has burned 100% out of 15 DVD's even at 16x speed.

I tried a few Grade 2 media brands and they all have errors, but others can burn them with no errors. Is it worth it to try a different burner. Could I warranty it? It sort of burns. I heard good reports about the Lite-On burners.

I have even had a few issues with other Grade 1 Media that are supposedly better. Verbatim to be specific. It has the code MCC03GR20. Could this just be spoofed media. The code almost looks like MCC 03GR20. I have gotten about a 75% sucess rate with it. When they fail though they are coasters. Another odd note is Nero Info only recognizes this media once, then says no DVD. When burning it takes longer to recognize but eventiually recognizes it and sets the speed if I leave it at maximum.

pkquat

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2005
Thanks I will have to try that. I will try to copy one of the good DVD's. I don't recall a good way to verify the burn Windows. Is it possible, if so where?