svchost.exe keep all the cpu

hi i have a windows 2000 server sp4 with I.E. 6.0 and the problem is that
while the system is running the svchost.exe keep the 99% , 80% ,... of the
cpu so i get memory problems and the computers runs too slowly i tried to fix
the problem but nothing seems to work.
if i start in prove mode the svchost.exe doesn´t keep cpu to itself.
any help???
thanks
--
PERRO
2 answers Last reply

    Have you checked for viruses?

    "PERRO" <PERRO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi i have a windows 2000 server sp4 with I.E. 6.0 and the problem is that
    > while the system is running the svchost.exe keep the 99% , 80% ,... of the
    > cpu so i get memory problems and the computers runs too slowly i tried to
    > fix
    > the problem but nothing seems to work.
    > if i start in prove mode the svchost.exe doesn´t keep cpu to itself.
    > any help???
    > thanks
    > --
    > PERRO
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    From a command prompt;
    tlist -s
    now match up the PID > PID in Task Manager|Processes

    You can extract the tlist.exe utility from the Support.cab file from the
    Windows 2000 installation CD's Support\Tools folder

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "PERRO" wrote:
    | hi i have a windows 2000 server sp4 with I.E. 6.0 and the problem is that
    | while the system is running the svchost.exe keep the 99% , 80% ,... of the
    | cpu so i get memory problems and the computers runs too slowly i tried to
    fix
    | the problem but nothing seems to work.
    | if i start in prove mode the svchost.exe doesn´t keep cpu to itself.
    | any help???
    | thanks
    | --
    | PERRO