svchost.exe keep all the cpu

hi i have a windows 2000 server sp4 with I.E. 6.0 and the problem is that
while the system is running the svchost.exe keep the 99% , 80% ,... of the
cpu so i get memory problems and the computers runs too slowly i tried to fix
the problem but nothing seems to work.
if i start in prove mode the svchost.exe doesn´t keep cpu to itself.
any help???
thanks
--
PERRO

Have you checked for viruses?

"PERRO" <PERRO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi i have a windows 2000 server sp4 with I.E. 6.0 and the problem is that
> while the system is running the svchost.exe keep the 99% , 80% ,... of the
> cpu so i get memory problems and the computers runs too slowly i tried to
> fix
> the problem but nothing seems to work.
> if i start in prove mode the svchost.exe doesn´t keep cpu to itself.
> any help???
> thanks
> --
> PERRO

From a command prompt;
tlist -s
now match up the PID > PID in Task Manager|Processes

You can extract the tlist.exe utility from the Support.cab file from the
Windows 2000 installation CD's Support\Tools folder

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]