Dcom problems, please help

I'm not sure what happened but during the course of installing updates for
various programs my Com apps in the mmc console was affected. I really am not
familiar with this but I do know that now from console root there are no
computers listed and I know mine used to be there. about 1/2 of my services
cant' start and anything having to do with a server wont' work. It can't
locate an internet connection, etc. Also- my system started with one service
unchecke - apparently that deletes all restore points so that is not an
option for me. I verified DCOM was enabled in Regedit, seems other tools
aren't available for home edition. Any help would be greatly appreciated - I
just want to be back where I started!

Start by making sure your antivirus software is up to date and run a scan on
your system. Also, make sure you have no malware on your system, download,
install and run Ad Aware:
www.lavasoftusa.com.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP