x1800xt, How long?

This is just a quick question really, I am building a SFF pc in about a week or so, with the Lian Li PC V300 and a Core 2 Duo CPU, and have found an x1800xt for about £140, significantly cheaper than any 7900GTs, which were my other choice. The case will only fit the 8 inch cards without modding, so a 7900GT would fit, but I'm inclined to get the Radeon, if it is an 8 inch card as well. So could anyone who owns the card, or knows, tell me how long it is please?
8 answers Last reply
More about x1800xt long
  1. I don't own one, but in some of the reviews I've read, they say it's 9".
  2. This really isn't a poll question, doesn't matter what people tink it is, you want specs.

Here's some specs;
    http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/video/sapphire-14.html

From the XT description;

Dimensions: 205x100x31mm (the last figure is the maximum thickness of a video card).

Now for you imperialist pig-dogs you need a metric converter. :twisted:
  3. Thanks, well according to the spec site it is 205 mm long, which is 8.2 inches. Maybe it would still fit into the case If I squeezed it in. But I'll have a look round to see if I can find a bit more information about it.
  4. Well the GF7900GT does come up as being 195mm, so dunno.

The GF7900GTX is 205 like the XT though if that's any reference.

I'm sure you could make it fit;

:mrgreen:
  5. Holy crap dude! Looks good.

:P
  6. Yep, I finally found a GF7900 card that exhausts all it's waste heat outside the case. :twisted:
  7. Quote:
    Well the GF7900GT does come up as being 195mm, so dunno.

The GF7900GTX is 205 like the XT though if that's any reference.

I'm sure you could make it fit;

:mrgreen:

*drool*.
  8. Quote:
    This is just a quick question really, I am building a SFF pc in about a week or so, with the Lian Li PC V300 and a Core 2 Duo CPU, and have found an x1800xt for about £140, significantly cheaper than any 7900GTs, which were my other choice. The case will only fit the 8 inch cards without modding, so a 7900GT would fit, but I'm inclined to get the Radeon, if it is an 8 inch card as well. So could anyone who owns the card, or knows, tell me how long it is please?

I put a new Sapphire ATI x1800xt in my X-Qpack micro case a few weeks ago. Tight fit.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144109
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Product