Lost Carrying Capacity?

Im not sure where along the way, but ive lsot 43 carrying capacity. i drop
all my stuff and im still carrying 43 of something.

ive got a whole laod of mdos installed,. but havent really done much
regarding them yet (partners mod, the marksmens one and a cloaks one are the
only ones i can think ive sued at all).

anyone know if there's a console command to make the game re-calculate the
weight of what you're carrying? or could it just be a single dodgy item in
the marksmens or cloaks mod thats messing me about?
1 answer Last reply
More about lost carrying capacity

    Adam Lion wrote:

    > ive got a whole laod of mdos installed,. but havent really done much
    > regarding them yet (partners mod, the marksmens one and a cloaks one are the
    > only ones i can think ive sued at all).

    This happens even without mods installed, so most probably some problem
    in Morrowind itself. I had the same issue with my first char which I
    played without any mods for quite some time.

    > anyone know if there's a console command to make the game re-calculate the
    > weight of what you're carrying? or could it just be a single dodgy item in
    > the marksmens or cloaks mod thats messing me about?

    Unfortunately you cannot tell the game to re-calculate the weight. You
    have to fix it yourself.

    First, drop everything. That's the most annoying part of it. Now your
    encumberance is either wrong-positive (shows something +50 or so while
    it should be 0) or wrong-negative (shows 0, but even if you take some
    heavy stuff it's still zero).

    The wrong-positive is easy to fix:

    For example:
    player->remove_item misc_soulgem_common 20

    As you do not have a common soulgem (you dropped everything, did you?),
    another Morrowind bug hits and though no soulgem is removed, still the
    weight of 20 soulgems is reduced. Conviniently, common soulgems weight 1
    unit, so the whole command would bring your positive encumberance down
    by 20 units. Adjust to the value you are actually off.

    If you are wrong-negative, it's more tricky. You need to create a mod
    for this in the construction set. Make some mod and create a dummy item
    (name it "dummy" or whatever) with 100 weight. Enable the mod, load your
    game, console "player->additem dummy 1". Now if you were say -20 units
    off, you are not +80 units off. But first we need to get rid of the
    dummy again. Save the game, quit, disable the mod, load the game again
    (ignore those warnings about missing "dummy"). Now the 100 units heavy
    dummy item is gone, but the weight is still +80. Now you can use above
    trick to adjust your now wrong-positive weight downwards.
    Of course you could also create a dummy item of exactly the negative
    encumberance you are off, but as this value is a bit tricky to figure
    out exactly in-game, I find it easier to just push it somewhere into the
    positive and then adjust downwards again.

    For whatever reason the overall encumberance seems to go wrong over
    time. About every 10 levels or so I drop everything and use above tricks
    to fix it again. The fixing itself isn't much effort, but dropping
    everything is an extremely dull task. A badly written mod could
    accelerate the miscalculation, but even without mods encumberance is off
    after some playing time, so don't bother testing your installed mods for
    an encumberance bug.

    Peter

Video Games