Your question

"The Next Story..."

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Intel
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
August 8, 2006 6:23:30 PM

Intel fanboy Ed Stroligo has something to say about intel's "paper-launched" conroe:

Quote:
Per Intel, no Conroes bought on the retail side are supposed to ship before August 7. If the discussion at TankGuys is any indicator, E6399s and E6400s are available, but E6600s and up are not.

...ntel promised little and is delivering less. They promised three-four million Core2Duos this quarter, they're only going to deliver one.

http://www.overclockers.com/tips01010/

More about : story

August 8, 2006 6:30:02 PM

Quote:
Intel fanboy Ed Stroligo has something to say about intel's "paper-launched" conroe:

Per Intel, no Conroes bought on the retail side are supposed to ship before August 7. If the discussion at TankGuys is any indicator, E6399s and E6400s are available, but E6600s and up are not.

...ntel promised little and is delivering less. They promised three-four million Core2Duos this quarter, they're only going to deliver one.

Holy failure batman! every1 on VRzone has conroes!
August 8, 2006 6:31:01 PM

Who gives a flying poop.

If your not going to build a C2D system, thats fine.

If it weren't for C2D, you'd still see a FX62 over 1 grand.
Related resources
August 8, 2006 6:32:44 PM

Conroe is the worst paper-launch ever. They totally have Conroe's for sale and people are buying them.
August 8, 2006 6:48:28 PM

Quote:
Conroe is the worst paper-launch ever. They totally have Conroe's for sale and people are buying them.

I have confirmed rumors from my Mafia sources that 0-inch is putting all available C2Ds on his daddy’s Credit Card to provoke a paper lunch. "Accordingly he was spanked when he was caught later that day". the same soruce added.
August 8, 2006 7:14:21 PM

Only shipping 25-33% of what you said you were going to ship is kind of a big deal.

Conspiracy to ship P4/D's anyone? Offload the old stuff on the back-to-schoolers, get the new stuff out in quantity in time for christmas?
August 8, 2006 7:31:24 PM

Quote:

Your sig is offensive. Please change it.
August 8, 2006 7:36:20 PM

Quote:

Oh we know you like it, how is it offensive?
August 8, 2006 7:51:19 PM

Quote:

Oh we know you like it, how is it offensive?

I personally don't see anything wrong with it, it doesn't show anything more than you would see if they were wearing bikinis. And wearing a bikini in todays society is totally acceptable.
August 8, 2006 7:53:19 PM

Wow 9nm, so you're saying the E6600 Conroe that I've already built a system with actually doesn't exist?

Well, I guess you know better than me. I'd better go and ask for my money back.
August 8, 2006 7:54:35 PM

Quote:
Wow 9nm, so you're saying the E6600 Conroe that I've already built a system with actually doesn't exist?

Well, I guess you know better than me. I'd better go and ask for my money back.

hehe.

Maybe you bought a Pentium 4 660 that had an extra 0 printed onto the chip?
August 8, 2006 8:12:40 PM

Quote:

Your posts are offensive. Please stop posting.
August 8, 2006 8:18:23 PM

Quote:

Your posts are offensive. Please stop posting.

agree
August 8, 2006 8:25:34 PM

Quote:
9-INCH: I have waited a long time for this moment, my little blue friends. At last, the Intel fanboys are no more! 65nm Athlon's will destroy the oppression of the Blue!

MPJESSE: Not if anything to say about it, I have, Lord 9-INCH.

(MPJESSE uses the Force to throw a Core 2 Duo X6800 at DARTH 9-INCH, knocking him clear over his desk and onto the floor in a heap.)

MPJESSE: (continuing) At an end your rule is and not short enough it was, I must say.

Oh, I forgot to ask. How was your ban 9-inch?
August 8, 2006 8:32:14 PM

Quote:
9-INCH: I have waited a long time for this moment, my little blue friends. At last, the Intel fanboys are no more! 65nm Athlon's will destroy the oppression of the Blue!

(MPJESSE uses the Force to throw a Core 2 Duo X6800 at DARTH 9-INCH, knocking him clear over his desk and onto the floor in a heap.)

MPJESSE: (continuing) At an end your rule is and not short enough it was, I must say.

by the time AMD has 65nm cpus, intel would have 45nm cpus
August 8, 2006 9:26:57 PM

Quote:

I don't think your puny X6800 is a match for AMD's new 45nm Forslook chip.
On top of being faster in every benchmark, using the Forslook allows you to destroy evil battlestations and even gets your fighter out of a swamp. 8O
August 8, 2006 9:27:45 PM

forslook. lol
August 8, 2006 9:51:28 PM

Quote:
And wearing a bikini in todays society is totally acceptable.

I can accept that explanation...
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 8, 2006 10:01:53 PM

Oh for crying out loud. That is sad.
August 8, 2006 10:16:34 PM

yes it is. but it's intent is to insult 9-inch. which is worth every second of my time...
August 8, 2006 10:28:05 PM

Quote:

The article lost it's last piece of credibility when it stated that you would be able to buy Vista in the Spring of 2007.
August 8, 2006 10:37:01 PM

you being offended offends me.

Quote:

August 8, 2006 10:37:04 PM

Quote:

Hehe
August 8, 2006 10:37:26 PM

This thread really got lost some place...

By the way, my X6800 flys! BF2 and CSS are now my personal domains of mayhem.

And I like the Sig, but where'd you get a picture of my girlfriend? :x
Sorry, dreaming again..

My Rig:
Core 2 Duo X6800 Conroe (Stock Clock for Now)
Intel D975XBXLRK
Thermaltake Big Typhoon HSF
2 GB Corsair Pro PC6400 4-4-4-15
74GB 10k Raptor
ATI X1900XTX
SB Audigy 2 ZS
NEC DVD OEM Burners (x2)
Ultra X-Finity 600w SLi Certified PS
Gigabyte 3D Aurora Case
August 8, 2006 10:39:47 PM

Quote:
This thread really got lost some place...

By the way, my X6800 flys! BF2 and CSS are now my personal domains of mayhem.

And I like the Sig, but where'd you get a picture of my girlfriend? :x
Sorry, dreaming again..

My Rig:
Core 2 Duo X6800 Conroe (Stock Clock for Now)
Intel D975XBXLRK
Thermaltake Big Typhoon HSF
2 GB Corsair Pro PC6400 4-4-4-15
74GB 10k Raptor
ATI X1900XTX
SB Audigy 2 ZS
NEC DVD OEM Burners (x2)
Ultra X-Finity 600w SLi Certified PS
Gigabyte 3D Aurora Case

Lucky *insert naughty word here*.

I wish i had enough to burn on an X6800.

Boofrigginhoo.
August 8, 2006 10:41:30 PM

I hate to get back on topic, because I realize it's fun to talk about bikinis, but uh, I don't know where the article is getting its sources. I believe Intel said they would ship about 1M chips in the first 7 weeks. I would assume that this is where he is getting his "only one million" number from.

Sadly for him, 7 weeks is only about half of a quarter (a quarter is 13 weeks). I would assume that Intel will ship at least another million or two in the second half of this quarter, bringing the 3-4M estimate in range.
August 8, 2006 10:41:45 PM

Another "abandoned" thread started by 9-inch.... Mods Please Lock!

I think we should get an acronym for 9-nm threads....

MPL = (Mods Please Lock)....

Anyone who can not be bothered to revisit or socialize their threads should be locked/banned.

I beleive this is called "Thread Dumping"...

How about this Acronym: MPL4TD

Mods Please Lock for Thread Dumping...
August 8, 2006 10:43:11 PM

Quote:
Another "abandoned" thread started by 9-inch.... Mods Please Lock!

I think we should get an acronym for 9-nm threads....

MPL = (Mods Please Lock)....

Anyone who can not be bothered to revisit or socialize their threads should be locked/banned.

I whole-heartedly agree.
August 8, 2006 10:58:27 PM

Quote:

Well, 9 inch, you'd best call your buddy Charile D over at the Inquirer and have him tell Ed Stroligo that theres bunches of "retail" type consumers who have been shipped those supposedly mystical "non-shipping" E6600s/6700s and 6800s.

In short 9 inch = WRONG
August 8, 2006 11:02:03 PM

Quote:

WARNING: IRONY METER IS PEGGED AT MAXIMUM.
BaronMatrix labling someone else offensive????? :?
August 9, 2006 7:54:34 PM

ZDNet also talks about intel's paper-launched conroe:

Quote:
With almost any product, the success comes down to two things; pricing and availability. It seems that Intel may have stumbled on both of these with the launch of the Core 2 Duo range of CPUs.

Another sticking point is price. Newegg shows the E6300 and E6400 priced at $249 and $299 respectively. This is well above the distributor price of $183 and $224. With such a large increase in price, it's worthwhile going back and reviewing any purchase plans and factor in this new data.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=59

8)
August 9, 2006 8:09:39 PM

Why are you posting people's opinions as facts to the matter? Both articles are blogs, not anything researched or proved. Just their opinions.

I can say the same thing with other things in a blog, but that doesn't make it a fact. I don't care who these people think they are, because they are crying about an item that is in high demand and is selling out almost as soon as it hits etailers stock.

If anything, I figured you would be more interested in the quickly disappearing inventory of AMD CPUs, but there's still plenty of inventory at etailers, which could mean either: 1) people are complaining but waiting for C2D, or 2) people are waiting for AMD to cut prices even more.

Even this latest ZDnet blog mentions the whole Dell XPS thing, which even Dell admits has nothing to do with C2D availablity.

Dell's explanation
August 9, 2006 8:53:11 PM

Quote:
Why are you posting people's opinions as facts to the matter? Both articles are blogs, not anything researched or proved. Just their opinions.

I can say the same thing with other things in a blog, but that doesn't make it a fact. I don't care who these people think they are, because they are crying about an item that is in high demand and is selling out almost as soon as it hits etailers stock.

If anything, I figured you would be more interested in the quickly disappearing inventory of AMD CPUs, but there's still plenty of inventory at etailers, which could mean either: 1) people are complaining but waiting for C2D, or 2) people are waiting for AMD to cut prices even more.

Even this latest ZDnet blog mentions the whole Dell XPS thing, which even Dell admits has nothing to do with C2D availablity.

Dell's explanation

he posts blog posts since even his beloved inquirer doesnt have anything to say :( 
August 9, 2006 10:16:55 PM

9-Inch, I'd like to give you a quote here from Frank Zappa -

"Stupidity has a certain charm - ignorance does not"

Think about it before you post again.
August 9, 2006 10:45:22 PM

wow... 9-inch..

i think you've reached a higher level of stupidity...

i guess Einstein was right after all. human stupidity IS unlimited.
August 9, 2006 10:56:31 PM

Hey BM your attitude is offensive, please change it.

I'm touching a conroe right now, feels like metal and silicon, not paper.
August 9, 2006 11:21:59 PM

Quote:
wow... 9-inch..

i think you've reached a higher level of stupidity...

i guess Einstein was right after all. human stupidity IS unlimited.

infinite
August 10, 2006 12:00:09 AM

Hey at least he returned to the thread and did not post it as another new one....

Maybe he "IS" learning a little!!