Which Asus motherboards support Core 2 Duo + SLI

BarryJohn

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
yeh i think the P5N32 is teh only one mate. i was gunna get it but now im gunna wait for 590.

I tihnk most ppl are waiting.
Have a read b4 u go ahead and buy that one. although it is a very good choice, just that most ppl think that these new ones comming out are gunna be worth the wait.

Guru3D reviewed a nVidia reference board using the 590 SLI chipset which has a beta BIOS on it. This would indicate to me that you will see boards from ASUS and GB soon, followed by other manufacturers sometime after these two. It seemed to display as good performance as the Intel chipset boards as far as application software (except some benchmarks which may be explained away by the beta firmware). In gaming of course it kicked a$$ obviously due to SLI. If you can wait a little while longer, these boards should be available soon.

illinikevin

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2006
I have the board yor talking about. Only supports 90nm dual cores and 65nm single cores. It will be a no go on a conroe ore any 9xx series intel chip.

calyn

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2005
It looks like both the P5NSLI and P5N32 SLI SE support SLI. But neither supports Conroe. The forme does SLI in 8x/8x mode, the latter in 16x/16x mode.

But if you really want SLI with intel and can hold off for a while, I'd suggest waiting for the nForce 5 boards for Conroe, as those two do noet support Conroe.

billward

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
Guru3D reviewed a nVidia reference board using the 590 SLI chipset which has a beta BIOS on it. This would indicate to me that you will see boards from ASUS and GB soon, followed by other manufacturers sometime after these two. It seemed to display as good performance as the Intel chipset boards as far as application software (except some benchmarks which may be explained away by the beta firmware). In gaming of course it kicked a$$ obviously due to SLI. If you can wait a little while longer, these boards should be available soon.

Do you know when they will be available? Within a month, two months?

This is a guess, but if nVidia has a beta reference board, Asus and GB both aren't far behind as they are nVidia's major launch partners. This to me says it should be available within a month. Nothing in the article said anything about vendors or their release dates, so again this is my guess/opinion. You have to take that for what it's worth (not much on a forum such as this).