C drive letter is the same as F

Hi,

I think this is very strange and would like to get it fixed. Here goes...
When I setup my server a year ago I had to logical drives a C and D. Today
I see a C, D and F, the weird this is that C and F are the same. If I go to
DiskManager it shows D and F on Disk 0. I just want my C and D back, please
help.

Thanks

Tim

I did a Scandisk and it seems better but When I go into
Computer Mangement\Storage\Disk Mangement it looks fine but if I go
Mangement\Storage\Logical Drives it lists F: as a Local Drive. F: also
appears in expleorer as a local drive.
helps.

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 21:32:08 -0400, "Tim J" <Tim.J@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I think this is very strange and would like to get it fixed. Here goes...
>When I setup my server a year ago I had to logical drives a C and D. Today
>I see a C, D and F, the weird this is that C and F are the same. If I go to
>DiskManager it shows D and F on Disk 0. I just want my C and D back, please
>help.
>
>Thanks
>
>Tim

To make sure it isnt a mapped drive or substitute:

1. Open a CMD.EXE window.
2. Type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each line. Ignore any errors.

subst F: /d
net use F: /delete /persistent:NO

If this makes F: disappear, log off and log on. If F: reappears, check your Startup
and logon scripts.

Then shutdown and restart.

If this makes F: reappear, check your startup scripts.

Use StartupCPL to check for registry starts.
See tip 2620 » Freeware StartUpCPL manages program startup on Windows NT and Windows 2000.
in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com
http://www.jsifaq.com

Did you install the rollup? Seems duplicate mounting of the %systemdrive%
can be a side effect.

Rollup 1 for Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891861

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional