In a bit of a pickle.......

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Ive made posts before about this, but have come across new things and im back to base 1. Ive come across this case, but not sure if i really need it.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cas-93.html

or the Antec P180B. Im not sure what the difference between the Black Antec P180B and the White Antec P180 is besides color, but it would either be the Lian-Li or the P180B. Also curious to find how much i should save for. Looking to get a E6600, motherboard(undecided), ram(dont know if this is good enough:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820231073
CPU cooler:http://www.scytheusa.com/product/cpu/023/scmn1000_detail.html
(I hear its good, but still not sure) I plan to swap out my BenQ CD/DVD drive, Sony DVD drive, X-fi xtrememusic, 1 of my video cards, My aspire 680w powersupply, and my Maxtor 300GB harddrive. If i have left over cash, or more comes towards this way, Idk if i should buy a Raptor 74GB to use for gaming and to boot my OS. Really torn in 2 about this. I wont be building this machine until november(at the earliest). So advice is appreciated. Thanks. Sorry its such a long post. :D

joex444

Distinguished
IDK what sort of cash flow you have, but if you're considering spending about $280 more than the Antec costs on a case...you could get a pair of 74gb Raptors and put them in RAID0 for some more performance, rather than...a case. Or a video card, monitor. Something that'll give you more performance. I doubt cooling will be an issue with the Antec. And since you want an E6600 rather than an E6300 and a fairly quiet cooler, I'm going to bet you have no interest in trying to overclock this to the maximum it can go, so if it were to run say 2C more than the more expensive case, who cares?

So far as cables for the Antec go, looks like the PSU and bottom HD cage shouldn't be a big deal. SATA cables look tough, but you should be able to buy longer ones that will work, I've seen many 39" SATA cables online. Similarly with power, you can get extenders or splitters, especially if the drives have molex power compatibility.

Nobody knows what these things will cost in November, it will probably be less, but RAM is volatile and could be more. I'd put away what it costs now, or plan on putting away enough to get to that point.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
That lian li is overkill. If you have the money and you like the look then go for it but you can add a side window yourself for much cheaper.

The P180 and P180B (the B stands for Black) so they are the same case. Nice case but already mentioned about the psu cable lengths

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Alright, thanks a lot guys. my harddrive right now is SATA, so hopefully it will be compatible. Never knew that their were problems with wire length. Still need to find a motherboard. Should i have my eye on one now? Or wait until more are released? I do have a monitor, keyboard, speakers, mouse so i wont be needing that. I only plan to buy 1 raptor, if i decide to get one. More info/opinons is appreciated, great so far. Thanks.

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
That lian li is overkill. If you have the money and you like the look then go for it but you can add a side window yourself for much cheaper.

The P180 and P180B (the B stands for Black) so they are the same case. Nice case but already mentioned about the psu cable lengths

So i guess the fans arent worth it? No problem though. Is it possible to get a link to that case, along with a see-through side panel that is compatible with it?

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Hmmm, i see what you are saying. Unforutantely, i do not have a large power tool supply at my disposal. What im looking for is that Lian-Li case, with a side panel on it, or a side panel i can buy sepreately. I was considering that for the last project i did(computer im using now) But like i said, did not have the tools at my disposal.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
yep, adding a fan to an existing window is easier than adding a window kit. A dremel is a very handy tool and can usually be found for $30, if you are looking at $300+ cases I think you can afford a $30 rotory tool.....

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
yep, adding a fan to an existing window is easier than adding a window kit. A dremel is a very handy tool and can usually be found for $30, if you are looking at $300+ cases I think you can afford a $30 rotory tool.....

Alright, sounds good. Can anyone give me a link to that Lian-Li case with a side panel window on it?