Nforce2 WD sata2 HDs data coruption problem

f1nal_0men

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
Hello everyone. I am about to throw my computer great distances. Hmm, I imagine at least 10 feet, not bad for a large, heavy, cumbersum object such as a steel box.

Anyways, my problem is that I have the NF7-S 2.0 motherboard and two of the WD 250gb SATA2 harddrives and if I move data from one harddrive to another, it decides to corupt the data for me. Isn't my computer nice? It likes to contribute to my daily "adventures". If anyone could give me any suggestions or help on this mater would be greatly appreciated. I don't know exactly what information you guys need so I'll just start here and ask if you need anything, I'll check back often. Thanks for your help.

f1nal_0men

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
I think the drives need jumpered to run at SATA-150 speeds, if you haven't done so already.

I have but thanks for your reply. Thats the only thing I could possibly think of thats wrong with them. But it didn't fix the problem.

You may want to run memtest to be sure your ram checks out ok.

Also, are you using the newest nvidia drivers? I know for a while there were problems with the nvidia IDE drivers, at least for the nforce4 chipsets. You may want to uninstall the nvidia IDE drivers and use microsoft's IDE drivers. I'm not sure how this effects SATA drives, but it might be worth trying.

f1nal_0men

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
Will do, I'll post back tomorrow after I run memtest for a good 12 hours or so. Also I uninstalled the ide driver to see if it helps. Thanks for you suggestions dude.