Getting Okidata 390 to print with Win XP

I just bought a Okidata 390 dot matrix printer and can't seem to get it to
print with Windows XP. I installed the driver that comes with Win XP. The
Okidata website says that the driver that comes with Win XP is the latest
driver. The software I print from does a fine job with the Panasonic 3123
that just bit the dust. Can anyone help?
2 answers Last reply
More about getting okidata print

    I don't know this printer specifically.

    One would think that Oki knows best. I would try to remove and
    reinstall the driver software. Make sure you follow the process exactly
    as stated, regarding when to install, if the printer needs to be
    connected or not, etc. This is a particular issue with some USB
    connections.

    If the printer has any dip switches or adjustable menus from the front
    panel, make sure it is set to default settings to start with.

    If nothing else works, most printer shave a IBM or Epson MX or FX
    emulation, which may work for the majority of commands. You may have to
    make some menu or dipswitch changes to get it to emulate these printers
    (see your manual). Then try using a generic driver from XP for the
    printer you have set the printer to emulate.

    Art

    Arthur Entlich wrote:

    > I don't know this printer specifically.

    It was a great printer for its time.

    > One would think that Oki knows best. I would try to remove and
    > reinstall the driver software. Make sure you follow the process
    > exactly as stated, regarding when to install, if the printer needs to
    > be connected or not, etc. This is a particular issue with some USB
    > connections.
    >
    > If the printer has any dip switches or adjustable menus from the front
    > panel, make sure it is set to default settings to start with.
    >

    > If nothing else works, most printer shave a IBM or Epson MX or FX
    > emulation, which may work for the majority of commands. You may have
    > to make some menu or dipswitch changes to get it to emulate these
    > printers (see your manual). Then try using a generic driver from XP
    > for the printer you have set the printer to emulate.
    >
    > Art
    >
    > Joe wrote:
    >
    >> I just bought a Okidata 390 dot matrix printer and can't seem to get
    >> it to
    >> print with Windows XP. I installed the driver that comes with Win
    >> XP. The
    >> Okidata website says that the driver that comes with Win XP is the
    >> latest
    >> driver. The software I print from does a fine job with the Panasonic
    >> 3123
    >> that just bit the dust. Can anyone help?

Printers Windows XP Matrix Peripherals