Using Streets & Trips routes on a PPC

December 24, 2004 5:20:09 AM

Recently I plottted a route from my place to my brothers place in a
different city and province, and then I tried to dload it to my PPC. It said
that the map was too large. Is there any way to do this, so I can have the
route on my PPC??

P.S. The route is from Brandon, Manitoba (Canada) to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
(also in Canada)
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 7:28:37 AM

Routes are *NOT* transferred to the PocketPC when you export a map from Streets & Trips. Just the
map. If the map is too large you simply need to go back a resize to a smaller area.

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"guess" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message news:1103876405.657434@news...
> Recently I plottted a route from my place to my brothers place in a different city and province,
> and then I tried to dload it to my PPC. It said that the map was too large. Is there any way to do
> this, so I can have the route on my PPC??
>
> P.S. The route is from Brandon, Manitoba (Canada) to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (also in Canada)
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 9:50:10 AM

I haven't as yet plotted a route and then downloaded it, however I have
downloaded maps before. If possible try zooming in, or eliminating
various items to be included (hotels, atm's, etc.)

guess wrote:

> Recently I plottted a route from my place to my brothers place in a
> different city and province, and then I tried to dload it to my PPC. It said
> that the map was too large. Is there any way to do this, so I can have the
> route on my PPC??
>
> P.S. The route is from Brandon, Manitoba (Canada) to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
> (also in Canada)

December 24, 2004 1:41:35 PM

With pocket streets, the easiest way is to generate a series of
overlapping "strip maps" that include the route and possible detours,
then load each one as you reach the end of the previous one.

Make sure you name them so that the relationship is obvious.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 8:06:39 PM

"guess" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message
| Recently I plottted a route from my place to my brothers place in a
| different city and province, and then I tried to dload it to my PPC.
It said
| that the map was too large. Is there any way to do this, so I can
have the
| route on my PPC??
|
| P.S. The route is from Brandon, Manitoba (Canada) to Saskatoon,
Saskatchewan
| (also in Canada)

Around 3Mb is the largest map I've been able to use, the bigger they
are the slower the loading and zooming.
December 29, 2004 8:38:12 AM

I just got S&T 2005. I copied a map of the Chicagoland area that is 6.5 meg!
This is almoust twice the size of a map that I was able to use in the
previous version. Works as fast as the old 3.5 meg map, but I have the whole
thing in one file.

The only weird thing is that when I do a search for an address, the state
shows Indiana instead of Illinois. Don't know why this happens, but as long
as I know what state I am in, everything else works great! :)

"alan smith" wrote:

> "guess" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message
> | Recently I plottted a route from my place to my brothers place in a
> | different city and province, and then I tried to dload it to my PPC.
> It said
> | that the map was too large. Is there any way to do this, so I can
> have the
> | route on my PPC??
> |
> | P.S. The route is from Brandon, Manitoba (Canada) to Saskatoon,
> Saskatchewan
> | (also in Canada)
> |

> Around 3Mb is the largest map I've been able to use, the bigger they
> are the slower the loading and zooming.

Anonymous
December 29, 2004 10:46:22 AM

I'm usually in a 'state of confusion'...

--

!