Cannot see whole content of window

Can anyone help? I cannot see all of the contents of some
of the windows I open. The one that really presents a
problem is the printing preferences window - I can't
access all the options because some of them are outside
of the visible area and I can't scroll vertically or
horizontally. Many of the windows for things like advanced display settings
and others are similarly affected. I've tried adjusting the appearance
advanced settings, altering the Dpi size and changing the resolution - all no
good. I'm sure it must be a simple setting
somewhere. Any ideas?

It sounds as though you are unable to set the resolution high enough to
properly adjust the appearance. This is usually caused by corrupted or
dated drivers for your graphics card. Try reinstalling the drivers for your
card. If that fails to help with this issue, check the card manufacturer's
website for the latest XP compatible drivers for your card.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Adam4166" <Adam4166@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help? I cannot see all of the contents of some
> of the windows I open. The one that really presents a
> problem is the printing preferences window - I can't
> access all the options because some of them are outside
> of the visible area and I can't scroll vertically or
> horizontally. Many of the windows for things like advanced display
> settings
> and others are similarly affected. I've tried adjusting the appearance
> advanced settings, altering the Dpi size and changing the resolution - all
> no
> good. I'm sure it must be a simple setting
> somewhere. Any ideas?

You were absolutely right - the driver did it! I had installed the latest
catalyst driver from the ATI site; it was that causing it. I reinstalled the
previous driver from the installation disc and it's all sorted out. Thanks a
million.

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> It sounds as though you are unable to set the resolution high enough to
> properly adjust the appearance. This is usually caused by corrupted or
> dated drivers for your graphics card. Try reinstalling the drivers for your
> card. If that fails to help with this issue, check the card manufacturer's
> website for the latest XP compatible drivers for your card.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "Adam4166" <Adam4166@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone help? I cannot see all of the contents of some
> > of the windows I open. The one that really presents a
> > problem is the printing preferences window - I can't
> > access all the options because some of them are outside
> > of the visible area and I can't scroll vertically or
> > horizontally. Many of the windows for things like advanced display
> > settings
> > and others are similarly affected. I've tried adjusting the appearance
> > advanced settings, altering the Dpi size and changing the resolution - all
> > no
> > good. I'm sure it must be a simple setting
> > somewhere. Any ideas?

Adam

You were absolutely right. I reinstalled the original driver from the
installation disc and it's all back to normal. The driver causing the problem
was the latest catalyst driver from the ATI site - shame really. Anyway,
thanks very much

Adam

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> It sounds as though you are unable to set the resolution high enough to
> properly adjust the appearance. This is usually caused by corrupted or
> dated drivers for your graphics card. Try reinstalling the drivers for your
> card. If that fails to help with this issue, check the card manufacturer's
> website for the latest XP compatible drivers for your card.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "Adam4166" <Adam4166@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone help? I cannot see all of the contents of some
> > of the windows I open. The one that really presents a
> > problem is the printing preferences window - I can't
> > access all the options because some of them are outside
> > of the visible area and I can't scroll vertically or
> > horizontally. Many of the windows for things like advanced display
> > settings
> > and others are similarly affected. I've tried adjusting the appearance
> > advanced settings, altering the Dpi size and changing the resolution - all
> > no
> > good. I'm sure it must be a simple setting
> > somewhere. Any ideas?

You're welcome, glad I could help.