What is the best cooling that one can get for a 6800GS?

thefears

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
Hi guys

Was just wondering what is the best cooling (Fan not water cooling) that one can get for a Gainward Bliss 6800GS AGP?

It is running hot at the moment on its default fan, i was thinking of overclocking it abit to get afew more FPS.

Can one overclock the Gainward Bliss 7800GS AGP? Is it maybe manufacture overclocked?

Is there a standard of fittings of the different types of fans? Can any fan fit on any card?

Thanks
:)

NaDa

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2004
I mounted the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro on my x800xt. No kidding a CPU hsf on a GPU. I think that no GPU hsf can beat this one. I have 43C on load at 560Mhz core (500 default).

If just fits inside my case and well you cant install any pci cards.
But if thats no trouble I would recommend something like this, it's not even expensive, but choose carefully most big hsfs cant fit this one can. I dont know about mounting holes on that card but it's probably mountable.
Be carefull not to bend your card or mobo :)

ElPolloDiablo

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
On my 6800GS AGP I have overclocked to 425mhz core, 1.10ghz memory my Fata1ity VGA FS-V7 cooler keeps the core at 68-69C full load. Without overclock it was 61-62C.
Idle is around 48-51C. The Fata1ity spins at 3500rpm on performance mode which is what I use.

Some people say with the stock cooler they were getting into the 80+C range and that is bad IMO. 70C triggers the nvidia temperature monitor to display a yellow bar instead of green. I would assume 80C would be multiple yellow bars or red.

Just my two cents on my personal cooler if you are looking at a Fata1ity. The red LED also compliments my red UV lights already in place. (another reason I got it)