Manual available anywhere?

Hey all;

I just got around to playing the copy of Morrowind that came packaged with
my video card, and am loving it. However, there's no official documentation
with it! Nothing on the CD, nothing in the video card box, and nothing on the
website.

Is there an official manual for this game? I've NOT got a pirated copy, just
one that never came with a manual.

Thanks,
Colin

I think you can get one by contacting Bethesda, but I'm not completely
certain

"Colin B." <cbigam@somewhereelse.nucleus.com> wrote:

>Hey all;
>
>I just got around to playing the copy of Morrowind that came packaged with
>my video card, and am loving it. However, there's no official documentation
>with it! Nothing on the CD, nothing in the video card box, and nothing on the
>website.
>
>Is there an official manual for this game? I've NOT got a pirated copy, just
>one that never came with a manual.

Look on the construction set cd, in a directory named "Manual". :)

Colin B. wrote:
> Hey all;
>
> I just got around to playing the copy of Morrowind that came packaged with
> my video card, and am loving it. However, there's no official documentation
> with it! Nothing on the CD, nothing in the video card box, and nothing on the
> website.
>
> Is there an official manual for this game? I've NOT got a pirated copy, just
> one that never came with a manual.
>
> Thanks,
> Colin
Hi,
I also started with one of these bundled copies and simply looked into
the options to learn basic key commands. Prefering the more warrior-like
type in the beginning this worked very well as I did not need to know
how the spell-system worked. I soon got very addicted to this game so
the next move was to buy a full copy at ebay. Later when the add-ons
came out, I bought them too. In the meantime I also bought the German
localized versions of both the main game and the add-ons. In this case
bundling really worked for Bethesda. With the knowledge of the manuals
and some internet resources I now play some other types of character.
BTW, I also bought both English and German copies of Daggerfall.
I intend to buy Oblivion as soon as it comes to the stores.
Greetings, Guido

:phant <phant@usagi.comix> wrote:
> "Colin B." <cbigam@somewhereelse.nucleus.com> wrote:
>
>>Hey all;
>>
>>I just got around to playing the copy of Morrowind that came packaged with
>>my video card, and am loving it. However, there's no official documentation
>>with it! Nothing on the CD, nothing in the video card box, and nothing on the
>>website.
>>
>>Is there an official manual for this game? I've NOT got a pirated copy, just
>>one that never came with a manual.
>>

> Look on the construction set cd, in a directory named "Manual". :)

Heh. I'd feel awfully silly, except that there ain't none. :)
The game and CS came on one CD, and there's no manual, no directory called
"Manual," and nothing of the sort. There _is_ a .HLP file for the CS, but
that's got more details on how to set the colour of your custom magic effects,
rather than how to play the game.

But thanks anyways.
Colin

That is strange - I have the game on CD (only) too, but there is a directory
named: "Manual" in the root directory. The Manual is in a PDF file there.
Maybe Bethesda can send you the manual...

Knomkrad <spam.nothanx@burgs.nl> wrote:
> You can find it here
> http://desitka.sh.cvut.cz/~taddy/objects/Morrowind%20Manual.pdf

Thanks I've got a copy now.

Interestingly, I wrote to Bethesda about it, and they said, "you're on
your own. We don't support OEM software whatsoever." Would it have killed
them to click "attach" before sending off an email message?

Colin

Colin B. wrote:

> "We don't support OEM software whatsoever."

<rant>

Arn't they paid for that OEM software? This isn't for free, the
videocard vendor pays Bethedsa, and the customer pays the videocard
vendor for Morrowind-OEM. OEM is a very nice way for companies to sell
software, because the hardware vendor has to handle the warranty and
support. Try contacting Microsoft for a problem with an OEM Windows....
could talk to a brick wall instead, same result.

</rant>

Peter Strempel <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Colin B. wrote:
>
>> "We don't support OEM software whatsoever."
>
><rant>
>
>Arn't they paid for that OEM software? This isn't for free, the
>videocard vendor pays Bethedsa, and the customer pays the videocard
>vendor for Morrowind-OEM. OEM is a very nice way for companies to sell
>software, because the hardware vendor has to handle the warranty and
>support. Try contacting Microsoft for a problem with an OEM Windows....
>could talk to a brick wall instead, same result.
>
></rant>

I think you're under the mistaken impression that's not the same high
level of support you get from MS with the regular version. :)