  • Open Source
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
April 25, 2004 7:40:18 AM

Is there any Open Source routing alternative that can route between
802.1Q VLANs ? We are trying to set up a low cost test LAN and have an
old IBM 8275 switch which supports VLANs thru 802.1Q frame tagging and
would like to use this capability.

Thanks,

J. Courcoul

More about : 802 vlan routing alternatives

Anonymous
April 25, 2004 12:57:46 PM

OpenBSD "http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html"
FreeBSD "http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=vlan&apropos=0..."

--
Peter HÃ¥kanson
April 27, 2004 10:01:58 PM

In article <c6fuia$ktj$1@nyheter.ipsec.se>, phn@icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
wrote:

> John Courcoul <courcoul@removethis.mac.com> wrote:
> > Is there any Open Source routing alternative that can route between
> > 802.1Q VLANs ? We are trying to set up a low cost test LAN and have an
> > old IBM 8275 switch which supports VLANs thru 802.1Q frame tagging and
> > would like to use this capability.
>
> OpenBSD "http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html"
> FreeBSD
> "http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=vlan&apropos=0...
> eBSD+5.2-RELEASE+and+Ports&format=html"

Thanks for these pointers. We're now busy rummaging the leftover NIC bin
to find appropiate cards for the "router".

J. Courcoul
!