O.S. 802.1Q VLAN routing alternatives ?

Is there any Open Source routing alternative that can route between
802.1Q VLANs ? We are trying to set up a low cost test LAN and have an
old IBM 8275 switch which supports VLANs thru 802.1Q frame tagging and
would like to use this capability.

Thanks,

J. Courcoul
2 answers Last reply
More about vlan routing alternatives

    OpenBSD "http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html"
    FreeBSD "http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=vlan&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+5.2-RELEASE+and+Ports&format=html"

    --
    Peter Håkanson

    In article <c6fuia$ktj$1@nyheter.ipsec.se>, phn@icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
    wrote:

    > John Courcoul <courcoul@removethis.mac.com> wrote:
    > > Is there any Open Source routing alternative that can route between
    > > 802.1Q VLANs ? We are trying to set up a low cost test LAN and have an
    > > old IBM 8275 switch which supports VLANs thru 802.1Q frame tagging and
    > > would like to use this capability.
    >
    > OpenBSD "http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html"
    > FreeBSD
    > "http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=vlan&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=Fre
    > eBSD+5.2-RELEASE+and+Ports&format=html"

    Thanks for these pointers. We're now busy rummaging the leftover NIC bin
    to find appropiate cards for the "router".

    J. Courcoul

Ethernet Card VLAN Open Source Networking