Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

EPSON R200 print directly to CD

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 1:03:51 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I have been under impressed with the epson print cd software and would
like to use another package with the direct to cd features of this
printer for cd labeling. I have tried a few other packages, but have
been unable to figure out how to make them work and print directly to
cd ... does anyone have any pointers -- or perhaps instructions on
setting up a template?
June 18, 2005 2:21:14 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

> I have been under impressed with the epson print cd software and would
> like to use another package with the direct to cd features of this
> printer for cd labeling.

I've seen worse. The Canon software for example is much more
underimpressing.

http://www.surething.com/ST/
Surething I remember has a template for the r200 and r800. From the
menu they look the same though i know the r800 tray is a different
style. In theory one could use the existing templates and actually
find an online database of disc face sizes and not have to remember
numbers nor manually adjust as soon as switch media. Used surething
once or twice... was more full featured than the Epson software.
Import playlists from the disc or from a play list. A plethra of
design templates some of them even tasteful, but most are simply black
circles with garish logos like CD taking up 1/3 of the disc space.

Personaly, I prefered working in photoshop scanning in a disc and
creating a basic template from that. Paste into it and use the stock
disc printing software, which really all I need it to do is take my
image, use as a background, and print.
June 18, 2005 9:00:51 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

> why? doesn't seem to support direct printing except with light-scribe cd
> writers.

If you're not going to trust him, trust me. I have the demo and have
used it on the R200 a few times. It supports direct disc printing on
many printers including the Epson R series, Primera including the
Signature series, Microboards, Affex, Versadyne, and others. The demo
is at least largish, about 25meg, but in today's world that's no big
deal. Most useful IMHO are the clipart logos which include different
CD and DVD designations, useful as full faced printable discs don't say
if they are CDs or DVDs.

Light-scribe support is new to me.
Related resources
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 9:47:16 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

jtm001@gmail.com wrote:

>I have been under impressed with the epson print cd software and would
>like to use another package with the direct to cd features of this
>printer for cd labeling. I have tried a few other packages, but have
>been unable to figure out how to make them work and print directly to
>cd ... does anyone have any pointers -- or perhaps instructions on
>setting up a template?
>
>
>

Check out www.surething.com
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 3:43:22 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
news:E6Zse.4043$NU5.3774@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>
>
> jtm001@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >I have been under impressed with the epson print cd software and would
> >like to use another package with the direct to cd features of this
> >printer for cd labeling. I have tried a few other packages, but have
> >been unable to figure out how to make them work and print directly to
> >cd ... does anyone have any pointers -- or perhaps instructions on
> >setting up a template?
> >
> >
> >
>
> Check out www.surething.com

why? doesn't seem to support direct printing except with light-scribe cd
writers.
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 6:20:59 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1119139251.123890.169490@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > why? doesn't seem to support direct printing except with light-scribe cd
> > writers.
>
> If you're not going to trust him, trust me. I have the demo and have
> used it on the R200 a few times. It supports direct disc printing on
> many printers including the Epson R series, Primera including the
> Signature series, Microboards, Affex, Versadyne, and others. The demo
> is at least largish, about 25meg, but in today's world that's no big
> deal. Most useful IMHO are the clipart logos which include different
> CD and DVD designations, useful as full faced printable discs don't say
> if they are CDs or DVDs.
>
> Light-scribe support is new to me.
>

Seems they're missing a market by not indicating that on their website. Except
for lightscribe, all they talk about is printing to labels.
June 24, 2005 11:26:22 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 14:20:59 GMT, "SamSez" <samtheman@verizon.net> wrote:

>
>"zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:1119139251.123890.169490@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> > why? doesn't seem to support direct printing except with light-scribe cd
>> > writers.
>>
>> If you're not going to trust him, trust me. I have the demo and have
>> used it on the R200 a few times. It supports direct disc printing on
>> many printers including the Epson R series, Primera including the
>> Signature series, Microboards, Affex, Versadyne, and others. The demo
>> is at least largish, about 25meg, but in today's world that's no big
>> deal. Most useful IMHO are the clipart logos which include different
>> CD and DVD designations, useful as full faced printable discs don't say
>> if they are CDs or DVDs.
>>
>> Light-scribe support is new to me.
>>
>
>Seems they're missing a market by not indicating that on their website. Except
>for lightscribe, all they talk about is printing to labels.
>



Under Select Label Stock it has a CD/DVD Printer option + a large list of
printers, one being Epson and a large number of models
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 11:26:23 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Tony" <ts@nospam.comn> wrote in message
news:a3dnb1927tm9nd2go5g2pbe6mmqbgbk3sa@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 14:20:59 GMT, "SamSez" <samtheman@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> >
> >"zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >news:1119139251.123890.169490@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> >> > why? doesn't seem to support direct printing except with light-scribe cd
> >> > writers.
> >>
> >> If you're not going to trust him, trust me. I have the demo and have
> >> used it on the R200 a few times. It supports direct disc printing on
> >> many printers including the Epson R series, Primera including the
> >> Signature series, Microboards, Affex, Versadyne, and others. The demo
> >> is at least largish, about 25meg, but in today's world that's no big
> >> deal. Most useful IMHO are the clipart logos which include different
> >> CD and DVD designations, useful as full faced printable discs don't say
> >> if they are CDs or DVDs.
> >>
> >> Light-scribe support is new to me.
> >>
> >
> >Seems they're missing a market by not indicating that on their website.
Except
> >for lightscribe, all they talk about is printing to labels.
> >
>
>
>
> Under Select Label Stock it has a CD/DVD Printer option + a large list of
> printers, one being Epson and a large number of models
>
>

You're missing the point! Supporting the printer is one thing. Supporting the
printer's CD carrier and direct CD print function is another.

Nowhere in their write-ups do they talk about anything other than printing to
LABELS. And given the fact that their supported printer list freely mixes
printers that don't support direct printing with printers that do support direct
printing further re-inforces that they seem to be just talking about printing on
labels -- not on a CD.

The system level R200 printer driver does not even have CD as a media option --
only the epson supplied cd print application seems to know about the CD carrier,
the layout of the resulting 'page', and the amount of ink to be put down on a CD
as a 'media' choice -- the system level driver does not.

So if they support it, they need to take over the functions of the epson cd
print application, and there is no indication that their software does that.
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 11:26:24 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"SamSez" <samtheman@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:quUue.7$mw1.0@trnddc09...


> The system level R200 printer driver does not even have CD as a media
> option --

Mine does.

> only the epson supplied cd print application seems to know about the CD
> carrier,
> the layout of the resulting 'page', and the amount of ink to be put down
> on a CD
> as a 'media' choice -- the system level driver does not.
>
Check yours carefully - its there if you look for it.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 2:28:41 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Anna Daptor" <Anna@radio.active.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D DUue.4011$BD2.3053@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
>
> "SamSez" <samtheman@verizon.net> wrote in message
> news:quUue.7$mw1.0@trnddc09...
>
>
> > The system level R200 printer driver does not even have CD as a media
> > option --
>
> Mine does.
>
> > only the epson supplied cd print application seems to know about the CD
> > carrier,
> > the layout of the resulting 'page', and the amount of ink to be put down
> > on a CD
> > as a 'media' choice -- the system level driver does not.
> >
> Check yours carefully - its there if you look for it.
>
>

You're right -- under 'manual' where it forces the size to A4. [I expected to
see 'carrier' or something like that.]

So the only thing that remains is if the software in question has a template for
the carrier.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 3:33:44 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"SamSez" <samtheman@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:tO%ue.1233$Uc2.686@trnddc03...
>
> "Anna Daptor" <Anna@radio.active.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:D DUue.4011$BD2.3053@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
>>
>> "SamSez" <samtheman@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> news:quUue.7$mw1.0@trnddc09...
>>
>>
>> > The system level R200 printer driver does not even have CD as a media
>> > option --
>>
>> Mine does.
>>
>> > only the epson supplied cd print application seems to know about the CD
>> > carrier,
>> > the layout of the resulting 'page', and the amount of ink to be put
>> > down
>> > on a CD
>> > as a 'media' choice -- the system level driver does not.
>> >
>> Check yours carefully - its there if you look for it.
>>
>>
>
> You're right -- under 'manual' where it forces the size to A4. [I
> expected to
> see 'carrier' or something like that.]
>
> So the only thing that remains is if the software in question has a
> template for
> the carrier.
>
Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker has the template(s), and so has Nero's Cover
Designer.
June 25, 2005 6:44:53 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

> Think it could be a New Feature, Web sites do have a habit of being way out of
> date..

The lightscribe is newer actually. Downloaded my version 98 days ago
and it supported epson then.
June 26, 2005 2:01:08 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:09:26 GMT, "SamSez" <samtheman@verizon.net> wrote:

>
>"Tony" <ts@nospam.comn> wrote in message
>news:a3dnb1927tm9nd2go5g2pbe6mmqbgbk3sa@4ax.com...
>> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 14:20:59 GMT, "SamSez" <samtheman@verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>> >
>> >"zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> >news:1119139251.123890.169490@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> >> > why? doesn't seem to support direct printing except with light-scribe cd
>> >> > writers.
>> >>
>> >> If you're not going to trust him, trust me. I have the demo and have
>> >> used it on the R200 a few times. It supports direct disc printing on
>> >> many printers including the Epson R series, Primera including the
>> >> Signature series, Microboards, Affex, Versadyne, and others. The demo
>> >> is at least largish, about 25meg, but in today's world that's no big
>> >> deal. Most useful IMHO are the clipart logos which include different
>> >> CD and DVD designations, useful as full faced printable discs don't say
>> >> if they are CDs or DVDs.
>> >>
>> >> Light-scribe support is new to me.
>> >>
>> >
>> >Seems they're missing a market by not indicating that on their website.
>Except
>> >for lightscribe, all they talk about is printing to labels.
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>> Under Select Label Stock it has a CD/DVD Printer option + a large list of
>> printers, one being Epson and a large number of models
>>
>>
>
>You're missing the point! Supporting the printer is one thing. Supporting the
>printer's CD carrier and direct CD print function is another.



It also list 2 Epson Tray types as well.


>Nowhere in their write-ups do they talk about anything other than printing to
>LABELS. And given the fact that their supported printer list freely mixes
>printers that don't support direct printing with printers that do support direct
>printing further re-inforces that they seem to be just talking about printing on
>labels -- not on a CD.



Think it could be a New Feature, Web sites do have a habit of being way out of
date..


>The system level R200 printer driver does not even have CD as a media option --
>only the epson supplied cd print application seems to know about the CD carrier,
>the layout of the resulting 'page', and the amount of ink to be put down on a CD
>as a 'media' choice -- the system level driver does not.
>
>So if they support it, they need to take over the functions of the epson cd
>print application, and there is no indication that their software does that.
>
>
>
August 6, 2009 9:45:19 AM

I use this CD cover creator because it is easy to use and can make not only CD labels but origami CD cases and paper sleeves.

!