Overclocking Abit KT7a + AthalonThunderbird1ghz | watercool?

DIYNewb

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
my current rig is

mobo: Abit KT7A
CPU: AMD athalon Thunderbird 1ghz
video card: 8Xagp Saphire Radeon 9000 Atlantis pro
memory: 768MB SDRAM(?)
inside an ATX tower case.

Currently i am running in stock configuration, but I want to know how far i could overclock this configuration(bothe CPU and GPU), given a watercooling setup?

If anyone has any expeience with this board or simular setup, please reply

PhoenixKnight

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
OCing a Thunderbird is just a waste of time. Thunderbirds are quite possibly the hottest-running processors aside from the Pentium D. There's also very little overclocking potential at all. It would be much cheaper to simply buy an Athlon XP processor and throw it in that board, and it would run a hell of a lot faster than an overclocked Thunderbird. The waterblock alone will cost you more than a new CPU. The same goes with the video card. Just buy a cheap Athlon XP and a better video card on Ebay and save yourself the trouble.

Flopmouth_Fish

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
OCing a Thunderbird is just a waste of time. Thunderbirds are quite possibly the hottest-running processors aside from the Prescott

I fixed your post :lol:

But I agree with PhoenixKnight; don't waste your time overclocking that crap. Just save your money for a new computer.

chewbenator

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2006
JUNKYARD WARS!

Now we just need someone in here to do the same with a Prescott and you've got yourself a show. Give em a week and see how far they can OC using home-made CPU coolers.