firewire

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2004

Hi
The power setting on my computer is set for one hour to go into Standby mode
but it does not. The BIOS is set for standby and so is my power options
dialog box. I can do a manual standby which does not always work properly,
i.e., sometimes it will come right back on; sometimes it will come awake in
15, or 20 minutes, or sometimes it will stay on standby (the longest time was
(7) hours) until I move the mouse. I have also noticed that my screen saver
does not come on automatically either. I have two auto update programs
running on the startup menu but in the past this did not cause a problem. Has
anybody had this same problem and if so how did you solve it? Thanks

Try this link from Kellys Korner:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_standby.htm