ZipZoomFly back in stock

wormy

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I just got my back in stock alert...and noticed the chip prices of the 6700 and 6600 have been inflated....and that the 6600 was already out of stock again by the time I made it to the site...

Sorry if this is old news...but I got the email 9 minutes ago.

wormy

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I was almost willing to pay 399 for the 6600 and may have had it been in stock...but 690 for the 6700...they can kiss my ass.

I was almost willing to pay 399 for the 6600 and may have had it been in stock...but 690 for the 6700...they can kiss my ass.

Wow, the E6600 was $339 earlier today.

Actually, $690 for the E6700 is not that bad since it costs $530 in lots of 1000. I think once prices starts to normalize it should fall down to about $640.

mpjesse

Splendid
yep... and newegg started it. before newegg starting carrying core 2 duo's, tiger direct and others were selling them for a little bit over MSRP... around 15-20%. Now were seeing prices in excess of 50% all the way up to 80%.

once all the e-tailers figured out that morons were willing to pay WAY more for Core 2 Duos, up went the prices.

(no offense to those of you who bought C2D's at way more than MSRP's, but u are morons)

;-)

Gormeroth

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
yep... and newegg started it. before newegg starting carrying core 2 duo's, tiger direct and others were selling them for a little bit over MSRP... around 15-20%. Now were seeing prices in excess of 50% all the way up to 80%.

once all the e-tailers figured out that morons were willing to pay WAY more for Core 2 Duos, up went the prices.

(no offense to those of you who bought C2D's at way more than MSRP's, but u are morons)

;-)

:(

399$ for e6600 may be high, but i just want it out of the day. considering the performance i'm going to get from it, its well worth it. i don't regret it :)

mpjesse

Splendid

;-)

:(

399$ for e6600 may be high, but i just want it out of the day. considering the performance i'm going to get from it, its well worth it. i don't regret it :)

when you put it that way, i guess it's not so stupid afterall. Core 2 Duo's are very, very cheap comparitively speaking. Even with all the price gouging.

my fear is that intel will slowly raise the prices once they fully comprehend what's going on here. people are willing to pay an arm and a leg for this stuff. seems to me it's bad business sense NOT to raise the prices.

*shuts up*

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

;-)

Out of curiosity, all Ive seen are the bin prices, what were the msrps?

Peace

eliwide

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Inflation is pretty high these days... Newegg also raised the price of the E6600 from $420 to $459 (out of stock until 08/14/2006)... I thought prices went down after the official release, not up....

Today has been pretty bad, I clicked the link from ZZF within 5 minutes of the e-mail but the site said out of stock.. Then I supposibly missed a DHL delivery for the third time, even though I sat outside waiting for the dude - end result go to the office to pick it up tommorow which is miles away... just great and just typical DHL...

pcdoc

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
They never were in stock. They were just adjusting their prices. I was e-mailed by a rep yesterday that they will be in stock on the 14th. Maybe next time it will be 4 real!!!!

ltcommander_data

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2004
If your interested in booking (it's not in stock) a E6600 it's available here for a reasonable $349.

http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?ACTION=thispage&thispage=011003000509_BK12401P.shtml&ORDER_ID=!ORDERID!

They predict availability on August 16th.

If anyone is out for an E6700, PCSuperStore saids they are in stock and selling for $581. (They also have Extreme Editions)

http://www.pcsuperstore.com/search.php?keyword=intel+core+2+duo&x=0&y=0

And a good deal for the E6400 and E6300 are here:

http://www.ewiz.com/query.php?dp=2&categry=0&s=Intel%20Core%202%20Duo%20Processor&Go_Search!_x=23&Go_Search!_y=17&dt=&ob=&nl=10&anchor=

E6300 for $204 and the E6400 for $265. The E6400 Retail includes free shipping and there are also OEMs available for cheaper.

The other option is TigerDirect, but they mostly have OEMs.

Availability should improve by next week since Intel targetted August 7th to be the date to begin general availability of all models since the Extreme Editions launch first.

Gormeroth

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
They never were in stock. They were just adjusting their prices. I was e-mailed by a rep yesterday that they will be in stock on the 14th. Maybe next time it will be 4 real!!!!

heh i have the charge on my online banking... and the site shows as processing.. i'll contact em during business hours tomorrow if they never really had it i'm sure they won't mind canceling it :)

we'll see. maybe they got a small order early, who knows.