hx4700 Windows Mobile 2003 SE can receive email but cannot..

December 24, 2004 10:12:18 AM

I have setup a pop3 using the E-mail Setup

I can receive email perfectly, but at the end of the receive and attempt to
send from the Outbox results in:

Messaging
The message(s) could not be sent. check that you have network coverage and
that you account information is correct. Then try sending again.

I have tried 5 different email addresses at different servers with variances
of the basic settings below.

If anyone has any answers, it sure would make my day!!!

Steve

Step (1/4)
entered email: myname@myemailaddress.com
click next

Step (2/4)
User info
name: my name
username: username
password: password
and checked save password
click next

Step (3/4)
Account type: POP3
Name: my mail
click next

Step (4/4)
Server info
incoming mail: pop.mymail....
outgoing mail: smtp.mymail....
domain: blank
December 24, 2004 11:33:31 AM

Are your credentials the same for both the POP (Inbound) and SMTP
(Outbound) servers? Outlook for the PPC does not support separate
authentication for POP/SMTP. Your userid and password have to be the
same for both. A well known shortcoming.

If you're connected through your home ISP and using the same servers
your desktop does, then if should work. However, if your at a wireless
access point somewhat else, it may not.

I got around this limitation by setting up a $5 account at
tollfreeisp.com, where they give you access to their SMTP server. I
made sure that the userid and password I set the account up with were
identical to my home ISP. In Pocket Outlook I specify the tollfreeisp
SMTP server and check the box for 'outbound server requires
authentication'. Works great and I never have to change my Outlook
settings no matter where I am in the world.

A_C

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 07:12:18 -0600, "s" <sjknox@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have setup a pop3 using the E-mail Setup
>
>I can receive email perfectly, but at the end of the receive and attempt to
>send from the Outbox results in:
>
>Messaging
>The message(s) could not be sent. check that you have network coverage and
>that you account information is correct. Then try sending again.
>
>I have tried 5 different email addresses at different servers with variances
>of the basic settings below.
>
>If anyone has any answers, it sure would make my day!!!
>
>Steve
>
>Step (1/4)
>entered email: myname@myemailaddress.com
>click next
>
>Step (2/4)
>User info
>name: my name
>username: username
>password: password
>and checked save password
>click next
>
>Step (3/4)
>Account type: POP3
>Name: my mail
>click next
>
>Step (4/4)
>Server info
>incoming mail: pop.mymail....
>outgoing mail: smtp.mymail....
>domain: blank

December 24, 2004 12:03:42 PM

Thanks for the quick response.

Credentials are the same for both out and in.
I am using the same exact account that I use on my laptop with no problem.

Like you said, if it works on the laptop, it should work on the hx4705.
I have been hitting this issue for two weeks now, searching internet and
trying every setting possible. I am thinking it is a bug, maybe.

Thanks again for responding.

Steve

!