News Group Reader

December 24, 2004 4:04:00 PM

Well I have tried several news group readers for PPC (iPaq). I was not
impressed with any. Quissoft was way too slow.
Please post any other programs.

--
Peace,
-PCK-

More about : news group reader

Anonymous
December 25, 2004 11:28:29 PM

Reply to message from "Peter Koszyczarek" <kozman@online.nospam> (Fri, 24
Dec 2004 15:04:00) about "News Group Reader":

PK> Well I have tried several news group readers for PPC (iPaq). I was not
PK> impressed with any. Quissoft was way too slow. Please post any other
PK> programs.

PK> --
PK> Peace,
PK> -PCK-

I like the newsreader in my sig. It's fast on wifi, especially if I
download the headers only and download only the messages that I decide to
read.

JPinOH
Jon Porter <jporter@netwalk.com> Sat, 25 Dec 2004 18:13:29 -0400

December 26, 2004 12:39:14 AM

Reply to message from Jon Porter <jporter@netwalk.com> (Sat, 25 Dec 2004
20:28:29) about ""Re: News Group Reader"":

JP> I like the newsreader in my sig. It's fast on wifi, especially if I
JP> download the headers only and download only the messages that I decide
JP> to read.

JP> JPinOH
JP> Jon Porter <jporter@netwalk.com> Sat, 25 Dec 2004 18:13:29 -0400

JP> === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

Verion 3 is faster still, albeit it now requires a modest fee ($10 special)

The support actually exists on this product as well - too many ppc products
do not fare so well in this department.
December 26, 2004 1:43:17 PM

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 20:28:29 -0400, Jon Porter wrote:

> === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

I tried version 2.2.0.8 with an iPAQ 2210, but couldn't get it to work
with a Bluetooth connection. The program didn't download any headers
and even more, it kept crashing so I had to do a soft reset.

Haven't tried version 3 yet...

--
s|b
Anonymous

Reply to message from "s|b" <me@privacy.invalid> (Sun, 26 Dec 2004 06:43:
17) about ""Re: News Group Reader"":

s> On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 20:28:29 -0400, Jon Porter wrote:

>> === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

s> I tried version 2.2.0.8 with an iPAQ
s> 2210, but couldn't get it to work with a Bluetooth connection. The
s> program didn't download any headers and even more, it kept crashing so
s> I had to do a soft reset.

s> Haven't tried version 3 yet...

s> --
s> s|b

FWIW, version 2.2.0.8 works fine with the 2215 and bluetooth. I know
because I used that version when I had a 2215 with BT.

Bye
Donald E. Stidwell <don.stidwell@uspatriot.net> Sun, 26 Dec 2004 20:34:21 -
0400

December 28, 2004 12:12:16 PM

Reply to message from Donald E. Stidwell <don.stidwell@uspatriot.net> (Mon,
27 Dec 2004 02:36:17) about "Re: News Group Reader":

2004 02:36:17 Subject: Re: News Group Reader

Reply to message from "s|b" <me@privacy.invalid> (Sun, 26 Dec 2004 06:43:
17) about ""Re: News Group Reader"":

s> On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 20:28:29 -0400, Jon Porter wrote:

>> === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

s> I tried version 2.2.0.8 with an iPAQ
s> 2210, but couldn't get it to work with a Bluetooth connection. The
s> program didn't download any headers and even more, it kept crashing so
s> I had to do a soft reset.

s> Haven't tried version 3 yet...

s> --
s> s|b

FWIW, version 2.2.0.8 works fine with the 2215 and bluetooth. I know
because I used that version when I had a 2215 with BT.

Bye
Donald E. Stidwell <don.stidwell@uspatriot.net> Sun, 26 Dec 2004 20:34:21 -
0400

I don't even see what the connection type has to do with if the program can
use it, all you need tcp/ip connectivity. I use that over wifi, over dial-
in to my isp via infrared via my cellphone, over bluetooth via the laptop,
and over activesync.

The only thing I can't figure out is the difference between 'my work
network' and 'my ISP' under connection settings. Maybe that has got
something to do with it in your case? I put it all on 'my work network' and
left the 'my ISP' alone cause then I got strange things with applications
crying that dial-up isn't active while the wifi using my broadband is all
there.

maybe you can give a bit more information, are you trying to use activesync
over bluetooth and that way try to use your pc/laptop for pass-through to
connect the internet? or is it bluetooth to a cellphone using a serial-port
share kind of thing you are trying to do?

Bye
Marcel <no@spam.please> Tue, 28 Dec 2004 08:55:01 +0200

December 28, 2004 12:43:36 PM

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:12:16 +0200, Marcel wrote:

8< snip >8
> maybe you can give a bit more information, are you trying to use activesync
> over bluetooth and that way try to use your pc/laptop for pass-through to
> connect the internet? or is it bluetooth to a cellphone using a serial-port
> share kind of thing you are trying to do?

HP iPAQ 2210
Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8
ActiveSync 3.7.1
BT dongle: D-Link DBT-120
PC

You are correct: I tried to connect via ActiveSync. When I use
Bluetooth Manager, I can see Network Access in My Shortcuts. I tried
using this, but for some reason it doesn't always work (most of the
time it works when I activate from PC to PPC, but not the other way
around). That's why I chose to work via ActiveSync and BT.

Somebody in pocketpc-club.nl referred me to the Dutch manual on
<http://www.sitecom.nl/driversmanuals.php?grp_id=8&prod_...;
(Volledige handleiding CN-500/CN-501/CN-502/CN-504
versie1.4.2.10(22-12-03)) to get the network to work. But as I said:
this only works sometimes, but not all the time.

--
s|b
!