Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Must-have Mods?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 1:12:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

Hi all,
I am thinking of reinstalling Morrowind after ditching it a year or so ago;
my mistake then was to install every mod I could find, some of which ruined
my gameplay experience (giving me access to too much loot, introducing small
bugs, etc)

What in your opinion are the must-have mods? I'm looking for mods which
improve gameplay by adding more options, more quests, improving the game
world and the richness and variety. Things which make the world seem more
alive. I'm looking to avoid ones which give you free houses full of
expensive items, or overpowered birthsigns, or things like that.

Anything which can improve the replayability would be great too. I really
like the character design/creation options but I need to know that I can
start a new character (perhaps skipping the whole intro tedium) and play
different quests at the start, perhaps follow a different path later on?

Thanks in advance for your input.

More about : mods

Anonymous
January 8, 2005 4:42:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

"Must-have mods" is a tricky question, as different people will give you
different lists. I doubt there are two people who'd define exactly the
same mod list as "must-have".

Alas, risking to be flamed for forgetting the really good mods but
including the bad ones, here comes _my personal_ list of must-have mods:

Visuals
* Better Heads
* Better Bodies
* Slofs Better Beasts
* Bookrotate

Audio
* VGreetings
* DaggerfallMusicPack

Magic
* Magical Trinkets of Tamriel
* Scripted Spells
* Horatio spellcasting
* Herbalism ("pick" herbs instead of "opening" them)

Balance tweaks
* Wakims Game Improvments
* Dodge mod
* Thief experience overhaul
* Taddeus Balance pack (split in several mods, each for weapons, armors,
items, alchemy etc.)
* VN_Goldweight

Travel
* Pegas Horse Ranch - buy, train, ride and breed horses
* KS_Stormrider - buy & sail a ship (there is also SellNSail Galeon)

Quests
* Illuminati Order
* Suran Underworld
* White wolf of Lokken mountain
* Havish
* Nevenas Twinlamps & Slavehunters

Companions
* Laura Craft (you'd want to play a male character for this)

Misc
* Morrowind Comes Alive
* Combat Enhanced
* Necessities of Morrowind

Vampire mods (if that's your piece of cake)
* Vampire Realism II
* Vampire Embrace

Tools
* TESTool - to merge levelled list, absolutely required if running many mods


Linklist:
http://www.mwmythicmods.com/telesphoros.htm
http://www.tesmods.net
http://www.thelys.org/
http://www.hiredgoons.net/MWFiles/
http://www.tadnan-hideout.com/MW/main.html


As I said, above modlist is *my* list of always-installed mods (except
the vampire stuff, which I only run if actually playing a vamp). I'm
sure other people will give you different recommendations. :) 
Also, there are lots of good quest, companion and house mods which I did
not list, as I wouldn't consider them "must-have".


Peter
Related resources
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 7:06:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

"Peter Strempel" <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:34a2tmF46825pU1@individual.net...
> "Must-have mods" is a tricky question, as different people will give you
> different lists. I doubt there are two people who'd define exactly the
> same mod list as "must-have".
>
> Alas, risking to be flamed for forgetting the really good mods but
> including the bad ones, here comes _my personal_ list of must-have mods:
>
> Visuals
> * Better Heads
> * Better Bodies
> * Slofs Better Beasts
> * Bookrotate
>
> Audio
> * VGreetings
> * DaggerfallMusicPack
>
> Magic
> * Magical Trinkets of Tamriel
> * Scripted Spells
> * Horatio spellcasting
> * Herbalism ("pick" herbs instead of "opening" them)
>
> Balance tweaks
> * Wakims Game Improvments
> * Dodge mod
> * Thief experience overhaul
> * Taddeus Balance pack (split in several mods, each for weapons, armors,
> items, alchemy etc.)
> * VN_Goldweight
>
> Travel
> * Pegas Horse Ranch - buy, train, ride and breed horses
> * KS_Stormrider - buy & sail a ship (there is also SellNSail Galeon)
>
> Quests
> * Illuminati Order
> * Suran Underworld
> * White wolf of Lokken mountain
> * Havish
> * Nevenas Twinlamps & Slavehunters
>
> Companions
> * Laura Craft (you'd want to play a male character for this)
>
> Misc
> * Morrowind Comes Alive
> * Combat Enhanced
> * Necessities of Morrowind
>
> Vampire mods (if that's your piece of cake)
> * Vampire Realism II
> * Vampire Embrace
>
> Tools
> * TESTool - to merge levelled list, absolutely required if running many
> mods
>
>
> Linklist:
> http://www.mwmythicmods.com/telesphoros.htm
> http://www.tesmods.net
> http://www.thelys.org/
> http://www.hiredgoons.net/MWFiles/
> http://www.tadnan-hideout.com/MW/main.html
>
>
> As I said, above modlist is *my* list of always-installed mods (except the
> vampire stuff, which I only run if actually playing a vamp). I'm sure
> other people will give you different recommendations. :) 
> Also, there are lots of good quest, companion and house mods which I did
> not list, as I wouldn't consider them "must-have".
>
>
> Peter


Thanks, I realise "best" is going to be subjective, I will look through your
list and start downloading. (I have lost my bloodmoon disc and can't get a
new one till Monday, so it gives me some time!)
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 9:42:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

Mark Walton wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am thinking of reinstalling Morrowind after ditching it a year or
> so ago; my mistake then was to install every mod I could find, some
> of which ruined my gameplay experience (giving me access to too much
> loot, introducing small bugs, etc)
>
> What in your opinion are the must-have mods? I'm looking for mods
> which improve gameplay by adding more options, more quests, improving
> the game world and the richness and variety. Things which make the
> world seem more alive. I'm looking to avoid ones which give you free
> houses full of expensive items, or overpowered birthsigns, or things
> like that.
>
> Anything which can improve the replayability would be great too. I
> really like the character design/creation options but I need to know
> that I can start a new character (perhaps skipping the whole intro
> tedium) and play different quests at the start, perhaps follow a
> different path later on?
>
> Thanks in advance for your input.

I decided to start a new game, so I created my very own Morrowind 2 with
these mods and plugins:

+ Graphics +

*KP_MW_Visual_Pack 2.11

More textures.This plugin will replace a lot of original textures, ground,
wall, rock, bark, plant, etc ...
more than 570 textures.

*KP_MW_Visual_Pack_2.2_nature

An addition to 2.11 110 more textures.

* Visual Pack XT plugin.

This is a package of texture files to further the aesthetics of Morrowind.
They are high-resolution
textures. This is designed to work best with the previous two KP plugins.

*Gardeners of Morrowind

Changes many of the trees and fauna.

* More trees and foliage.
* More trees and foliage Autumn.
* Head pack.
* Better bodies.
* Real signposts.
* Sir Luthor lockpicks.
* Sir Luthor probes.
* Ring texture fix.
*AG3-Gold_coin.

They are pretty obvious. The graphics are also enhanced by some of my other
gameplay mods, such as replacement of the Potion and Scroll inventory icons.
I thought the originals were poor.

* Lights_300_V4

I love this one. Reworks all lights in the game to be more, colourful,
dynamic and realistic. Red Candlesticks have red flames radiate red light,
green have Green flames and light...same with all other colours. Along with
way the way light effects the game with this mod, and the improved textures,
the effects can be stunning.
All interiors are slightly darkened to make source lights more dominant over
the ambient light, Dungeons are now mostly pitch black with the exception of
the source lights. Torches have longer expiration times and bigger and
brighter radius so that they are actually useful. I always have a few
torches with me now.
This mod includes Light based Sneaking and True Light and Darkness.

+ Sound +

* Morrowind Sound Enhancement plugin 1.5

- Foley effects added to boot sounds, depending on the type (Light,
Medium, Heavy) of boots being worn
-Creatures now make appropriate default falling sounds upon death, new ones
for Ghosts and Atronarchs
-Adds 29 new region-specific ambient sounds, Including birds, crickets, and
swamp life.
-Some of the wind sounds recreate that rustling-in-your-ear effect
-Improves dynamics and quality of current feet, environment, combat, and
magic sounds...
-Most sounds that came with the game but weren't used for whatever reason
are now implemented
-Unique footstep sounds for each Atronarch and Undead creature, new
flapping sounds for winged creatures
-More intense magical bolt sounds, improved sfx for magics commonly used to
cause damage to a target
-New high quality swooshing and punching, more foley effects for armour hit
sounds, and various samples of gore added to damage and critical hit sounds
-Appropriate hit sounds mixed into Screams (etc. Centurions create a
metallic *clang* when hurt)
-More detailed Moans (idle) and Roars (attack) for Atronarchs and Skeletons
-Reverb effects added to Cliff Racers

+ Gameplay/Balance +

* Adventurers Mod 2.0

Many tweaks, fixes, GFX changes, NPCs and gameplay changes.

* Taddeus' Balanced Weapons
* Taddeus' Balanced Armour
* Taddeus' Balanced Objects

Changes weights, values and enchantments of Morrowind weapons, armour and
objects make the game more balanced and challenging.

* Taddeus' Balanced "Assassins' Armory"
* Taddeus' Balanced "Assassins' Armory - Arrows"
* Taddeus' Balanced "Amulets & Rings 2.1

Add-ons to the other Taddeus mods

* Multiple Teleport Marking Mod v2.2

Allows you to set up to ten separate marks.


+ Creatures and NPCs +

* Giants_Ultimate_files

Adds over 200 creatures

* Cait's_Critters_unleashed

Adds domestic animals roosters, cows, steers, chickens, pigs, goats.
Multiple versions of each.

* Where Are All Birds Going?

Adds birds to the game.

*Morrowind comes alive v2.0

Randomly adds four hundred types of NPCs to over a hundred cells to bring
Morrowind's towns to life.

*Morrowind comes alive_wilderness

Adds some of the NPCs from Morrowind Comes Alive to Vvardenfell's
wilderness.

* Companion 1.3

An enhanced Laura Craft mod.

+ Areas +

*Vivec expansion

Adds house, shops, walkways on the water between the Cantons. A sorty of
shanty town look. Extra dungeon and quests.

* Bank Mod 2

Adds Banks and banking system. Loans, deposit accounts etc. Also you can buy
property.

* Firemoth

The island fortress of Firemoth (official plugin) Don't know what it's like,
haven't been yet.


The game now looks beautiful (although it has emphasised the need for me to
upgrade my PC ;-) ), an improved ambience and plays much better. Trading is
also much better now with many merchants having more gold but at the same
time loot is more sensibly priced. No more stupid Creeper and Mudcrab trips.
I intended to add more areas but it's so much like a new game that I haven't
got around to it.
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 9:45:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

There is a "Lite" variant of the Marksman Mod that doesn't add the
cliff racers.
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 11:33:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

Mark Walton wrote:

> Thanks, I realise "best" is going to be subjective, I will look through your
> list and start downloading. (I have lost my bloodmoon disc and can't get a
> new one till Monday, so it gives me some time!)

Many of the newer mods require Bloodmoon.

By the way, I forgot two mods I've always running:

* Marksman mod (makes bows/crossbows/throwing stuff actually useful)
* Assassins Armory together with Taddeus Assassins Armory balance pack
(the name is slightly misleading, it's not only for assassin-like types)


If you are starting a new character, the easiest way to get many mods
running without trouble is to use the "JustFixIt" button in TESTool. If
you are adding mods later in an ongoing game, always make a backup save
before adding the mod. If you dislike the mod, removing it can seriously
wreck your savegame, so usually better to load a savegame from before
the mod was activated.
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 1:33:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

> There is a "Lite" variant of the Marksman Mod that doesn't add the
> cliff racers.

Well that's good at any rate. I find it hard to believe that anybody would
actually want this game to have MORE cliff racers. Those are by far the
most annoying enemy in the entire game. They scream constantly at the top
of their lungs all the time, sneak up behind you and whack you in the back
of the head when you're just trying to climb a mountain, they are really
tough to hit (a real problem during "escort" missions, as I've often killed
my companion by accident when fighting them), and when you do kill them,
their bodies are so huge they cover everything on the ground and you can't
touch anything until you get rid of the corpse. If somebody has written a
mod that fixes all these annoyances, please tell me.
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 3:59:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

Angof wrote:

> * Lights_300_V4

WHERE can I _GET_ this MOD? TIA. :) 
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 4:03:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

Darrel Hoffman wrote:
>>There is a "Lite" variant of the Marksman Mod that doesn't add the
>>cliff racers.
>
>
> Well that's good at any rate. I find it hard to believe that anybody would
> actually want this game to have MORE cliff racers. Those are by far the
> most annoying enemy in the entire game. They scream constantly at the top
> of their lungs all the time, sneak up behind you and whack you in the back
> of the head when you're just trying to climb a mountain, they are really
> tough to hit (a real problem during "escort" missions, as I've often killed
> my companion by accident when fighting them), and when you do kill them,
> their bodies are so huge they cover everything on the ground and you can't
> touch anything until you get rid of the corpse. If somebody has written a
> mod that fixes all these annoyances, please tell me.
>
>

There is a "No Cliff Racers" MOD.

Also, there is a mod that causes all healthy (non-diseased) wildlife to
pretty much leave you alone. I think that's called "Passive Healthy
Wildlife".
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 5:42:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

> There is a "No Cliff Racers" MOD.
>
> Also, there is a mod that causes all healthy (non-diseased) wildlife to
> pretty much leave you alone. I think that's called "Passive Healthy
> Wildlife".

Hmm, getting rid of them entirely seems a bit extreme. I just wish there
was a way to change them a bit. Not make them passive, per se, but change
them in other ways. For example, if the volume of their screaming was
actually affected by distance, then they wouldn't sound exactly the same off
on the horizon as they do when breathing down your neck. Of course, I doubt
that's possible with the existing game engine, as programming
distance-dependant sound effects would probably involve hard-coding. It
should at least be possible to make the aiming work correctly on them,
however. The fact that they're so hard to hit in combat, and yet their
corpses are so large when they die that you can't touch anything underneath
them, that should be fixable. Or maybe not. I don't want to off-balance
the game too much, just fix little things which are really annoying like
that. Unfortunately, I think most of the changes I'm asking for here may be
beyond the reach of mod-makers, since there's some things that just can't be
changed without going into the source. Oh well. I can live with it. Just
a sort of wishlist kind of thing.
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 10:40:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 20:33:23 +0100, Peter Strempel
<peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:
of the newer mods require Bloodmoon.
>
>By the way, I forgot two mods I've always running:
>
>* Marksman mod (makes bows/crossbows/throwing stuff actually useful)

Be warned that this mod also makes Cliff Racers much more annoying.
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 10:40:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

Greg Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 20:33:23 +0100, Peter Strempel
> <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:
> of the newer mods require Bloodmoon.
>>
>> By the way, I forgot two mods I've always running:
>>
>> * Marksman mod (makes bows/crossbows/throwing stuff actually useful)
>
> Be warned that this mod also makes Cliff Racers much more annoying.

There are other mods that make the creatures of morrowind act more
natrually. I much prefer it when most creatures don't attack you unless you
get too close or attack it (unless they are blighted of course)
January 9, 2005 1:14:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

"ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
news:34bvhuF49bcu2U1@individual.net...
> Angof wrote:
>
>> * Lights_300_V4
>
> WHERE can I _GET_ this MOD? TIA. :) 

Morrowind Summit. It's called Lights 300 w/ Icons by Byblos. It's one of
my favorites.
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 1:29:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:08:52 -0000, "Angof" <oan1vgofut@btinternet.com>
wrote:

>Greg Johnson wrote:
>> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 20:33:23 +0100, Peter Strempel
>> <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> of the newer mods require Bloodmoon.
>>>
>>> By the way, I forgot two mods I've always running:
>>>
>>> * Marksman mod (makes bows/crossbows/throwing stuff actually useful)
>>
>> Be warned that this mod also makes Cliff Racers much more annoying.
>
>There are other mods that make the creatures of morrowind act more
>natrually. I much prefer it when most creatures don't attack you unless you
>get too close or attack it (unless they are blighted of course)
>
Most of them won't affect the several new varieties of Cliff Racer that
the Marksman mod adds to the game. You'd need to manually change their
behaviour to be more in line with the mods you mentioned.
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 1:29:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

Greg Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:08:52 -0000, "Angof" <oan1vgofut@btinternet.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Greg Johnson wrote:
>>> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 20:33:23 +0100, Peter Strempel
>>> <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> of the newer mods require Bloodmoon.
>>>>
>>>> By the way, I forgot two mods I've always running:
>>>>
>>>> * Marksman mod (makes bows/crossbows/throwing stuff actually
>>>> useful)
>>>
>>> Be warned that this mod also makes Cliff Racers much more annoying.
>>
>> There are other mods that make the creatures of morrowind act more
>> natrually. I much prefer it when most creatures don't attack you
>> unless you get too close or attack it (unless they are blighted of
>> course)
>>
> Most of them won't affect the several new varieties of Cliff Racer
> that the Marksman mod adds to the game. You'd need to manually change
> their behaviour to be more in line with the mods you mentioned.

Even if you make one of the 'calming' mods load after Marksman?
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 2:22:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 23:39:02 -0000, "Angof" <oan1vgofut@btinternet.com>
wrote:

>Greg Johnson wrote:
>> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:08:52 -0000, "Angof" <oan1vgofut@btinternet.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Greg Johnson wrote:
>>>> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 20:33:23 +0100, Peter Strempel
>>>> <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>> of the newer mods require Bloodmoon.
>>>>>
>>>>> By the way, I forgot two mods I've always running:
>>>>>
>>>>> * Marksman mod (makes bows/crossbows/throwing stuff actually
>>>>> useful)
>>>>
>>>> Be warned that this mod also makes Cliff Racers much more annoying.
>>>
>>> There are other mods that make the creatures of morrowind act more
>>> natrually. I much prefer it when most creatures don't attack you
>>> unless you get too close or attack it (unless they are blighted of
>>> course)
>>>
>> Most of them won't affect the several new varieties of Cliff Racer
>> that the Marksman mod adds to the game. You'd need to manually change
>> their behaviour to be more in line with the mods you mentioned.
>
>Even if you make one of the 'calming' mods load after Marksman?
>
The 'calming' mods work by changing the AI settings for the existing
creatures. Obviously, _new_ creatures that did not exist in the game of
the person who write that mod aren't going to be affected. The Marksman
mod adds several new varieties of Cliff Racer, with different attacks,
and also changes the 3 existing types to have magical attacks. If you
load the calming mod after the marksman mod, this will change the 3
standard cliff racers back to normal, but won't affect the 2 new types
at all.
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 2:22:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

Greg Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 23:39:02 -0000, "Angof" <oan1vgofut@btinternet.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Greg Johnson wrote:
>>> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:08:52 -0000, "Angof"
>>> <oan1vgofut@btinternet.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Greg Johnson wrote:
>>>>> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 20:33:23 +0100, Peter Strempel
>>>>> <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>> of the newer mods require Bloodmoon.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> By the way, I forgot two mods I've always running:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> * Marksman mod (makes bows/crossbows/throwing stuff actually
>>>>>> useful)
>>>>>
>>>>> Be warned that this mod also makes Cliff Racers much more
>>>>> annoying.
>>>>
>>>> There are other mods that make the creatures of morrowind act more
>>>> natrually. I much prefer it when most creatures don't attack you
>>>> unless you get too close or attack it (unless they are blighted of
>>>> course)
>>>>
>>> Most of them won't affect the several new varieties of Cliff Racer
>>> that the Marksman mod adds to the game. You'd need to manually
>>> change their behaviour to be more in line with the mods you
>>> mentioned.
>>
>> Even if you make one of the 'calming' mods load after Marksman?
>>
> The 'calming' mods work by changing the AI settings for the existing
> creatures. Obviously, _new_ creatures that did not exist in the game
> of the person who write that mod aren't going to be affected. The
> Marksman mod adds several new varieties of Cliff Racer, with
> different attacks, and also changes the 3 existing types to have
> magical attacks. If you load the calming mod after the marksman mod,
> this will change the 3 standard cliff racers back to normal, but
> won't affect the 2 new types at all.

Ah I see. Thanks.
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 6:05:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

ToolPackinMama wrote:
> Angof wrote:
>
>> * Lights_300_V4
>
> WHERE can I _GET_ this MOD? TIA. :) 

It's on Morrowind Summit as Lights 300 w/icons.
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 11:55:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

"Jaxalot" <jaxalot@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1105238717.381277.209130@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> There is a "Lite" variant of the Marksman Mod that doesn't add the
> cliff racers.

Do you have an active link for this? The only ones I could find were dead,
and it no longer seems to be at thelys.org
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 12:07:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

"Angof" <oan1vgofut@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:34anp5F47sd68U1@individual.net...
>
> * Lights_300_V4
>
> I love this one. Reworks all lights in the game to be more, colourful,
> dynamic and realistic. Red Candlesticks have red flames radiate red light,
> green have Green flames and light...same with all other colours. Along
> with
> way the way light effects the game with this mod, and the improved
> textures,
> the effects can be stunning.
> All interiors are slightly darkened to make source lights more dominant
> over
> the ambient light, Dungeons are now mostly pitch black with the exception
> of
> the source lights. Torches have longer expiration times and bigger and
> brighter radius so that they are actually useful. I always have a few
> torches with me now.
> This mod includes Light based Sneaking and True Light and Darkness.

I wanted to try this one, but there were SO MANY typos in the Read Me file
that I ended up not loading it. Does it really change the green flames to
"emreald" or are they emerald?
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 12:09:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

Mark Walton wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I am thinking of reinstalling Morrowind after ditching it a year or so ago;
> my mistake then was to install every mod I could find, some of which ruined
> my gameplay experience (giving me access to too much loot, introducing small
> bugs, etc)
>
> What in your opinion are the must-have mods? I'm looking for mods which
> improve gameplay by adding more options, more quests, improving the game
> world and the richness and variety. Things which make the world seem more
> alive. I'm looking to avoid ones which give you free houses full of
> expensive items, or overpowered birthsigns, or things like that.
>
> Anything which can improve the replayability would be great too. I really
> like the character design/creation options but I need to know that I can
> start a new character (perhaps skipping the whole intro tedium) and play
> different quests at the start, perhaps follow a different path later on?
>
> Thanks in advance for your input.

As others have said, "must have" is a bit subjective. The best place to
start is http://www.mwmythicmods.com/telesphoros.htm and see what takes
your fancy.

Personally speaking I couldn't play without the various bug fixes on
this page, Passive Healthy Wildlife, Better Heads, Better Bodies,
Morrowind Comes Alive (now at v4.0), NPC Schedules, Windows Glow,
Legionnaire's Signet, Weapons Range Balance, Horatio Casting, Vivec
Expanded, Vivec Interiorator, Dracandros Voice and Give Your Orders.

I've got about 85 mods installed all in, but the above are an "off the
top of my head" list of essentials.
January 10, 2005 2:52:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

<snip>
> They are high-resolution
> textures. This is designed to work best with the previous two KP plugins.
>
> *Gardeners of Morrowind
>
> Changes many of the trees and fauna.
>
> * More trees and foliage.
> * More trees and foliage Autumn.
> * Head pack.
> * Better bodies.
> * Real signposts.
> * Sir Luthor lockpicks.
> * Sir Luthor probes.
> * Ring texture fix.
> *AG3-Gold_coin.
>
<snip>

Hi, I'm trying to find this mod, but I can only find the one on the authors
page which is a WIP. Is the one you are using this same WIP???

Cheers Dre
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 7:53:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

Dre wrote:
> <snip>
>> They are high-resolution
>> textures. This is designed to work best with the previous two KP
>> plugins.
>>
>> *Gardeners of Morrowind
>>
>> Changes many of the trees and fauna.
>>
>> * More trees and foliage.
>> * More trees and foliage Autumn.
>> * Head pack.
>> * Better bodies.
>> * Real signposts.
>> * Sir Luthor lockpicks.
>> * Sir Luthor probes.
>> * Ring texture fix.
>> *AG3-Gold_coin.
>>
> <snip>
>
> Hi, I'm trying to find this mod, but I can only find the one on the
> authors page which is a WIP. Is the one you are using this same
> WIP???
>
> Cheers Dre

Yes it is.
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 1:02:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

It's an ESP provided in addition to the normal ESPs in the latest
version.
!