Dell 720 printer...Drivers.

gel

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002

Hope that this is the correct NG.

Trying to get one to work with a non-Dell win98 system. Does anyone know
where I could get drivers? Or what printer is this based on, perhaps I
could use those drivers?

TIA.

--
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by".
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

zakezuke

Gel wrote:
> Hope that this is the correct NG.
>
> Trying to get one to work with a non-Dell win98 system. Does anyone know
> where I could get drivers? Or what printer is this based on, perhaps I
> could use those drivers?

I think the Dell 720 = Lexmark z615

http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:433:0:0&emeaframe=&target=http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi&target=http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi&&req=:::::

Best of luck

gel

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002

"zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Gel wrote:
>> Hope that this is the correct NG.
>>
>> Trying to get one to work with a non-Dell win98 system. Does anyone
>> know where I could get drivers? Or what printer is this based on,
>> perhaps I could use those drivers?
>
> I think the Dell 720 = Lexmark z615
>

> http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:433:0:0
> &emeaframe=&target=http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi&
> target=http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi&&req=:::::
>
> Best of luck

Thanks Zakezuke, that seems to be just the ticket.

I appreciate it...

--
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by".
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

It's a rebadged Lexmark printer and there are no drivers for any 9x
operating systems, which includes Windows 95, 98, 98se and ME.

It can't be made to work with these O/Ses.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Gel" <neux_55*NOSPAM*@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hope that this is the correct NG.
>
> Trying to get one to work with a non-Dell win98 system. Does anyone know
> where I could get drivers? Or what printer is this based on, perhaps I
> could use those drivers?
>
> TIA.
>
> --
> "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by".
> Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

gel

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002

"Cari" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in news:3hkbcjFhf7ppU1
@individual.net:

> It's a rebadged Lexmark printer and there are no drivers for any 9x
> operating systems, which includes Windows 95, 98, 98se and ME.
>
> It can't be made to work with these O/Ses.

Cari,
There appears to be a Win98 driver on the Lexmark site......

HTH.