BigguN

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
Ok I am trying to budget my machine as much as possible, in saying that a area I believe(may be wrong) I can possibly cut a few corners is on the motherboard. I have very limited personal experience with motherboards, pretty much b/c when I build I usually use the same set up for a couple years and by then everything has changed.
I guess it would be best to let all the guru's out there know what I am wanting to run on this machine. First and primarly it will be a gaming setup with a small amount of multi tasking on the side.
I do not plan on running SLI but do want something that will be upgradeable and stable on the OC side.
Other details on my system:
4000+ socket AM2 dual core, 7900gt gpu,
350GB 7200.10 16MB SATA HD(Perpendicular Recording),
200GB ata ultra 133 HD(that I would like to use if possible)
2 GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 6400

I have read a few comments on EPOX, they are very competitively priced but can they stand up to the competition?

I guess thats about it. I really appreciate all the help.

BigguN

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
Anyone have any experience with this board?

MSI K9N Platinum Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

CannedTurkey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
I've only had one MSI board. It was very stable and I never had any issues with it. I recall their website being a little slow, but drivers and documentation were easy to find.