Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

has anyone bought low cost chargers etc from ebay for the ..

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 6:49:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

rjackson and others have some low cost chargers on ebay for the ipaq. for
a second at the office charger these prices seem pretty appealing any
problems encountered with any of these low cost chargers and cables?

--
Thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC

Please check our web site at
http://www.smecc.org
to see other engineering fields, communications and computation stuff we
buy, and by all means when in Arizona drop in and see us.

address:

coury house / smecc
5802 w palmaire ave
glendale az 85301
Anonymous
December 25, 2004 2:55:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I had bad luck purchasing a Seido power pack for my 4150. It came with nice
attachments to charge the Ipaq on the road, on the airplane, and even with a
9volt battery in a jam, all in a nice blue bag. See Seido.com for reference.
The only problem was that none of it worked at all! I contacted Seido and
while they assured me it should work with myIpaq 4150, they were not
interested in replacing the kit since I did not buy it direct from the Seido
site , but from an Ebay vendor!
Good luck!!

SM

"ed sharpe" wrote:

>
> rjackson and others have some low cost chargers on ebay for the ipaq. for
> a second at the office charger these prices seem pretty appealing any
> problems encountered with any of these low cost chargers and cables?
>
> --
> Thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC
>
> Please check our web site at
> http://www.smecc.org
> to see other engineering fields, communications and computation stuff we
> buy, and by all means when in Arizona drop in and see us.
>
> address:
>
> coury house / smecc
> 5802 w palmaire ave
> glendale az 85301
>
>
>
>
>
Anonymous
December 25, 2004 8:36:28 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Radio Shack used to sell a universal multivoltage charger for $19 or so. It came with or you could
purchase adapter tips that were of the correct polarity for different devices. I used one with my
old iPAQ 3630 as a travel charger. I had to be careful to set the adapter to 5 Volts and use the
correct polarity tip, but other than that it worked well for my purpose...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual benefit of all of us...
The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...

"ed sharpe" <esharpe@uswest.net> wrote in message news:e8hWerg6EHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>
> rjackson and others have some low cost chargers on ebay for the ipaq. for a second at the
> office charger these prices seem pretty appealing any problems encountered with any of these low
> cost chargers and cables?
>
> --
> Thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC
>
> Please check our web site at
> http://www.smecc.org
> to see other engineering fields, communications and computation stuff we
> buy, and by all means when in Arizona drop in and see us.
>
> address:
>
> coury house / smecc
> 5802 w palmaire ave
> glendale az 85301
>
>
>
>
Related resources
December 25, 2004 2:07:13 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 23:55:02 -0800, "SpencerM"
<SpencerM@discussions.microsoft.com> removed the duct tape and
proclaimed:

>I had bad luck purchasing a Seido power pack for my 4150. It came with nice
>attachments to charge the Ipaq on the road, on the airplane, and even with a
>9volt battery in a jam, all in a nice blue bag. See Seido.com for reference.
> The only problem was that none of it worked at all! I contacted Seido and
>while they assured me it should work with myIpaq 4150, they were not
>interested in replacing the kit since I did not buy it direct from the Seido
>site , but from an Ebay vendor!
>Good luck!!
>
Good ol' EBay.


--
I put 2 and 2 together and got 22.
Anonymous
December 25, 2004 5:25:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

for what voltages?

These guys do car adapters and extended battery boxes. I personally
can't recommend the gps cables, I just couldn't get it to work despite
much trying- it's been with another guy for a month now and he can't
get it to do what he wants, but the chargers are fine.
http://www.pc-mobile.net/


"ed sharpe" <esharpe@uswest.net> wrote in message
news:e8hWerg6EHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
|
| rjackson and others have some low cost chargers on ebay for the
ipaq. for
| a second at the office charger these prices seem pretty appealing any
| problems encountered with any of these low cost chargers and cables?
|
| --
| Thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC
|
| Please check our web site at
| http://www.smecc.org
| to see other engineering fields, communications and computation stuff
we
| buy, and by all means when in Arizona drop in and see us.
|
| address:
|
| coury house / smecc
| 5802 w palmaire ave
| glendale az 85301
|
|
|
|
Anonymous
December 25, 2004 11:28:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Reply to message from "ed sharpe" <esharpe@uswest.net> (Fri, 24 Dec 2004
18:49:44) about "has anyone bought low cost chargers etc from ebay for the
ipaq?":



es> rjackson and others have some low cost chargers on ebay for the ipaq.
es> for a second at the office charger these prices seem pretty appealing
es> any problems encountered with any of these low cost chargers and
es> cables?

I really lie the Zip Linq cables. The compact size and low cost make it
easy to keep a couple of them, and the PDA charges through them on a USB
connection.

JPinOH
Jon Porter <jporter@netwalk.com> Sat, 25 Dec 2004 18:20:26 -0400

=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8
Anonymous
December 26, 2004 3:29:33 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

the ones I am referring to are the ac chargers and the separate car
charger. they have the options all set up for the ipaq and are really
cheap...


"Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
news:uiMl5Xn6EHA.3856@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Radio Shack used to sell a universal multivoltage charger for $19 or so.
> It came with or you could purchase adapter tips that were of the correct
> polarity for different devices. I used one with my old iPAQ 3630 as a
> travel charger. I had to be careful to set the adapter to 5 Volts and use
> the correct polarity tip, but other than that it worked well for my
> purpose...
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
>
> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual
> benefit of all of us...
> The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights...
>
> "ed sharpe" <esharpe@uswest.net> wrote in message
> news:e8hWerg6EHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>
>> rjackson and others have some low cost chargers on ebay for the ipaq.
>> for a second at the office charger these prices seem pretty appealing any
>> problems encountered with any of these low cost chargers and cables?
>>
>> --
>> Thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC
>>
>> Please check our web site at
>> http://www.smecc.org
>> to see other engineering fields, communications and computation stuff we
>> buy, and by all means when in Arizona drop in and see us.
>>
>> address:
>>
>> coury house / smecc
>> 5802 w palmaire ave
>> glendale az 85301
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
Anonymous
December 26, 2004 3:31:29 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

another side issue is the use of our ipaq with a Motorola digital cell
phone....

need to find a cable to do this with so I can use the cell phone as a
modem.

I saw in one of the sites they had cords for some phones but alas not the
Motorola,,,

any hints>?

thanks ed
"Jon Porter" <jporter@netwalk.com> wrote in message
news:1104038911@jporter.netwalk.com...
> Reply to message from "ed sharpe" <esharpe@uswest.net> (Fri, 24 Dec 2004
> 18:49:44) about "has anyone bought low cost chargers etc from ebay for the
> ipaq?":
>
>
>
> es> rjackson and others have some low cost chargers on ebay for the ipaq.
> es> for a second at the office charger these prices seem pretty appealing
> es> any problems encountered with any of these low cost chargers and
> es> cables?
>
> I really lie the Zip Linq cables. The compact size and low cost make it
> easy to keep a couple of them, and the PDA charges through them on a USB
> connection.
>
> JPinOH
> Jon Porter <jporter@netwalk.com> Sat, 25 Dec 2004 18:20:26 -0400
>
> === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 12:22:36 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On 24 Dec 2004, "ed sharpe" <esharpe@uswest.net> pondered an unfair
universe and came up with
news:e8hWerg6EHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

> rjackson and others have some low cost chargers on ebay for the
> ipaq. for a second at the office charger these prices seem pretty
> appealing any problems encountered with any of these low cost
> chargers and cables?

I've got a couple of those. I have an Auto and AC USB charger that
came with a sync cable. This is, in fact, what I use instead of the
cable that came with my Axim X30 (mine didn't come with a cradle).
I've left it on there 24 hours a day for weeks on end. Battery life
has been unaffected. I sync to my PC through WiFi.

I've also got a slim 4AA battery extender. Since this starts out at
6.4 volts, you have to be careful with it. When the battery on the
PPC is charged, you have to disconnect it. It's proven to be an
indispensible travel companion. I paid around $9 with shipping on
eBay.

Last, I have a tiny 4 port USB hub with its own AC power supply that
I take with me when I travel. I use this both for charging my Axim
through the USB sync cable (a retractable one I got off eBay for
around $5) and powering my Asus WL330g pocket access point.

I've been thinking about getting one of these to power the USB hub
when I travel:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CT...
d=273-1900

It can be used as a powersupply, battery charger and AC adaptor. The
guy who pointed this out to me uses it on the 4.5 volt setting, and
says his VOM showed that it actually puts out 4.7 volts. USB is
presumably 5 volts, but I've measured it both in adaptors and my
computer output at anywhere from 5.2 volts to 6.1 volts. With LiON
batteries, this isn't a big problem since they're supposed to have
an auto shutoff when they reach their full charge. Running at the 4.5
volt setting should be adequate, since all the USB devices I've
tested run fine at that voltage. He says his Axim charges with no
problem, from 20% charge to 100% charge 4 times with 4 2300mAh NiMH
batteries in the RS multicharger.

--
StephG
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 12:22:37 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

one of the things to do with rjackson is to buy a bunch at once, then the
shipping per item is not as high. he has an ebay store too.. look through
all the items there and make up a group.

ed


"StephG" <dontspamFrankensoftail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Xns95CB8843FFE0DStephG@130.133.1.4...
> On 24 Dec 2004, "ed sharpe" <esharpe@uswest.net> pondered an unfair
> universe and came up with
> news:e8hWerg6EHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:
>
>> rjackson and others have some low cost chargers on ebay for the
>> ipaq. for a second at the office charger these prices seem pretty
>> appealing any problems encountered with any of these low cost
>> chargers and cables?
>
> I've got a couple of those. I have an Auto and AC USB charger that
> came with a sync cable. This is, in fact, what I use instead of the
> cable that came with my Axim X30 (mine didn't come with a cradle).
> I've left it on there 24 hours a day for weeks on end. Battery life
> has been unaffected. I sync to my PC through WiFi.
>
> I've also got a slim 4AA battery extender. Since this starts out at
> 6.4 volts, you have to be careful with it. When the battery on the
> PPC is charged, you have to disconnect it. It's proven to be an
> indispensible travel companion. I paid around $9 with shipping on
> eBay.
>
> Last, I have a tiny 4 port USB hub with its own AC power supply that
> I take with me when I travel. I use this both for charging my Axim
> through the USB sync cable (a retractable one I got off eBay for
> around $5) and powering my Asus WL330g pocket access point.
>
> I've been thinking about getting one of these to power the USB hub
> when I travel:
>
> http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CT...
> d=273-1900
>
> It can be used as a powersupply, battery charger and AC adaptor. The
> guy who pointed this out to me uses it on the 4.5 volt setting, and
> says his VOM showed that it actually puts out 4.7 volts. USB is
> presumably 5 volts, but I've measured it both in adaptors and my
> computer output at anywhere from 5.2 volts to 6.1 volts. With LiON
> batteries, this isn't a big problem since they're supposed to have
> an auto shutoff when they reach their full charge. Running at the 4.5
> volt setting should be adequate, since all the USB devices I've
> tested run fine at that voltage. He says his Axim charges with no
> problem, from 20% charge to 100% charge 4 times with 4 2300mAh NiMH
> batteries in the RS multicharger.
>
> --
> StephG
!