Seeing the clipboard content of a whole day

I want to see the clipboard content of this entire day , or minimum the last
hour .
I executed clipbrd.exe already but in that application only appear the last
line I copy (ctrl + c) ; I want to get the contents of a long period of time .

Is this possible in Windows XP , thank you
5 answers Last reply
More about seeing clipboard content

    golohe wrote:
    > I want to see the clipboard content of this entire day , or minimum
    > the last hour .
    > I executed clipbrd.exe already but in that application only appear
    > the last line I copy (ctrl + c) ; I want to get the contents of a
    > long period of time .
    >
    > Is this possible in Windows XP , thank you

    I do not believe so.
    In Windows XP, only the last copy is saved on the clipboard, replacing the
    previous one.

    MS Word XP, or the Office suite, I believe does have the ability to save
    mutliple copies on the clipboard.

    --
    Don Burnette

    Word 2003 and Word XP allow you to save only 1 item on the clipboard when
    closing out of the program. In Word 2003 you can hold up to 24 items on the
    clipboard -- but when you close out of the program they will be lost except
    for the most recent item. Do you know how to show the task pane clipboard
    contents in word? Here is a suggestion -- open a blank doc in addition to
    the project you are working on every time you copy and paste or cut and paste
    add the same item to the blank doc. Next save the doc with a name like
    "cliping" then you can save that as long as you are needing them for your
    project. open that cliping file when you need items form it to copy from and
    paste from in any of your other office docs. Hope this helps.

    It would be a good idea for Microsoft to improve this, such as have a "happy
    place" for clip board items that you could right click on in the task pane or
    in a document and choose to send a copy to a reserve file or project file
    like a favorites for clipboard items. It could happen...

    "golohe" <golohe@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in news:3836F23D-D1F2-4E40-8DF9-0C10FF79BACE@microsoft.com:
    > I want to see the clipboard content of this entire day , or minimum
    > the last hour .
    > I executed clipbrd.exe already but in that application only appear
    > the last line I copy (ctrl + c) ; I want to get the contents of a
    > long period of time .
    >
    > Is this possible in Windows XP , thank you

    Investigate Thornsoft's ClipMate. I've used it for some time. It
    records a database of prior clips, lets you display them several ways,
    lets you convert them, create vaults to store them (so they don't
    auto-expire), provides screen and window capture, lets you copy a bunch
    of clips and then paste them altogether, can automatically check for
    updates, you can share the clip database amonst users or keep yours
    private, you can search for clips, and much more (I keep finding new
    features).

    I don't see the point of seeing just what clips you've had in the last
    hour or for the last day. ClipMate can keep them for as long as you
    configure it to keep them. I believe it retains up to 200 clips in its
    Inbox (most recent clips). If there are more than 200 clips in the
    Inbox, on shutdown of Clipmate it will move the overage into the
    Overflow folder which can hold 800 clips, and any overage over the 800
    limit for the Overflow folder or any that you delete into the Trashcan
    will be held for the configured retention period (7 days is the
    default). Currently my Inbox clips go back to back to Oct 6, my
    Overflow folder has clips going back to Sep 14, and my Trashcan has
    clips that got deleted within the last week.

    I also have safe collections, or vaults of clips, where I save clips,
    like for canned replies to highly repeated questions from users too lazy
    to do a search before posting a knee-jerk question. This allows you to
    even structure a personal infobase of clips where you can categorize
    your clips.

    There are probably other clip managers but they'd be hard pressed to
    beat the features in ClipMate. It costs $30.

    golohe <golohe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<3836F23D-D1F2-4E40-8DF9-0C10FF79BACE@microsoft.com>...
    > I want to see the clipboard content of this entire day , or minimum the last
    > hour .
    > I executed clipbrd.exe already but in that application only appear the last
    > line I copy (ctrl + c) ; I want to get the contents of a long period of time .
    >
    > Is this possible in Windows XP , thank you
    Hello. I do not believe what you need is available in WindowsXP. There
    are some free/pay type clipboards ,search Google.
    I remember one called Clipomatic.
    Take Care.
    beamish.

    golohe wrote:
    > I want to see the clipboard content of this entire day , or minimum the last
    > hour .
    > I executed clipbrd.exe already but in that application only appear the last
    > line I copy (ctrl + c) ; I want to get the contents of a long period of time .
    >
    > Is this possible in Windows XP , thank you
    There a variety of clipboard tools that will do this, some free some
    not, look at Yankee Clipper, Clipboard Magic, Clipomatic, etc.
    Gene k

Clipboard Microsoft Windows XP