Mounting Logitech X-530 rear speakers on stands

racerboywonder

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
I want to put two of my X-530 speakers on stands so that I can get a little bit better sound from the rear...I've seen some simple 20-25 USD stands on Amazon, but I'm not sure if they'll work. Has anyone here does this with their X-530s? What stands did you use? Thanks...

choirbass

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
I want to put two of my X-530 speakers on stands so that I can get a little bit better sound from the rear...I've seen some simple 20-25 USD stands on Amazon, but I'm not sure if they'll work. Has anyone here does this with their X-530s? What stands did you use? Thanks...

i dont have those particular speakers myself... but for speaker stands (assuming for satellites)... one of the most important factors to take into consideration aside from height adjusting... is their weight capacity... ...for the microsatellites i have, the 8 pound capacity of the stands theyre on is barely enough (each satellite weighing about that amount, they dont even look that heavy at all either, quite the contrary), they tend to tip over rather easily if theyre budged by much (and have fallen over several times actually when they were accidently bumped into, the satellites arent damaged at all thankfully though), the stands were about $50 a pair though (at frys electronics)... ...just make sure the weight capacity of each stand is enough, and the rest should fall into place

sweetpants

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2006
I don't have these speakers nor have I mounted them on different stands... but in response to choirboss:

If your speakers are falling over realtively easy, wouldn't that be an issue with the base? When things fall over, that be because the center of gravity of the object extends over the base of the object... not necessarily because it is too heavy.

bigger base = more stable (in terms of falling over)

choirbass

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
I don't have these speakers nor have I mounted them on different stands... but in response to choirboss:

If your speakers are falling over realtively easy, wouldn't that be an issue with the base? When things fall over, that be because the center of gravity of the object extends over the base of the object... not necessarily because it is too heavy.

bigger base = more stable (in terms of falling over)

the base has a footprint about a square foot wide, with copper spikes supporting underneath for carpet use... its actually very topheavy though, i considered using concrete cinderblocks to fit overtop of the base to balance them out more, which would work... itd look fairly out of place though, and dont have any onhand anyhow... otherwise though, the speaker stands are firmly in place, (aside from when you knock them over)... but, thats also why the stand weight capacity would matter, because my speakers are just under that weight, and theyre just that close to being completely unstable (the speakers themselves dont extend past the stand base though)... ...at frys though, they were the most capable stands i could find really...

i suppose if the base otherwise was about 3-4 square feet wide or so, it wouldnt fall over like youre saying (cuz they might then support a speaker weight upwards of ~50+ pounds even)... but that wouldnt fit anywhere then really

i guess if anything i could try changing the alignment of the speakers themselves, from verticle, to horizontal... and that would broaden and lower their center of gravity a tad