How do I view mpg movies?

December 25, 2004 6:13:40 AM

How can I view mpg movies?
Are there mpg players out there?
Any links to recommended ones would be appreciated.

Thanks.

OM

More about : view mpg movies

Anonymous
December 26, 2004 3:27:02 AM

I am confused... I thought the media player in the ipaq already played
these kinds of files?

please educate me...

ed
"Darius Wey" <darius.nospam@pocketpcthoughts.com> wrote in message
> OM wrote:
>> How can I view mpg movies?
>> Are there mpg players out there?
>> Any links to recommended ones would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> OM
>
> There are a few, but the most popular ones tend to be PocketTV
> (http://www.pockettv.com/) and BetaPlayer
> (http://betaplayer.corecodec.org/).
>
> Happy Holidays. :-)
>
> --
> Darius Wey
> Pocket PC Thoughts
> http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/
December 26, 2004 7:28:23 PM

ed sharpe wrote:
> I am confused... I thought the media player in the ipaq already played
> these kinds of files?
>
> please educate me...
>
> ed

Media Player doesn't handle MPG files. It handles the typical ASF, MP3,
WMA, WMV files, but nothing of the sort of MPG. I can see why you may be
a little confused since the desktop version of Media Player does. But
the mobile version is toned down and does not have all the features of
its desktop counterpart. If you're after a player that handles MPGs, the
aforementioned do. BetaPlayer plays other files too (with support for
plugins).

Also, WMP10 Mobile has a broader range of files that it can handle (over
WMP9 Mobile, that is) - namely, WMA9 Professional, WMA9 Lossless, WMV9
Image.

Hope that helps. :-)

--
Darius Wey
Pocket PC Thoughts
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 2:30:58 AM

Thanks learned more about how this works!

!