Sign in with
Your question

Yet another noob question

Last response: in Systems
August 9, 2006 7:03:29 PM

Hey folks
Thanks to everyone that answered my wire thing question.

Yet another question. (prolly more to come lol)
I have this white power cable thing coming from the front. I understand I connect that to the free power cable from PSU but...do I connect both or just one???? I mean the cable from the front kinda forks and has two white thing from one cable?
Oh man this is so hard I should have just bought it from Dell lol
but I have saved about 1500 bucks so...I guess it's worth it. Another puncture wound today :( 

More about : noob question

August 9, 2006 8:38:27 PM

Nah, you're better off with what you bought. Now, have you connected the Power, Reset, etc. from the case to the motherboard yet? Make sure you do that first.

Those two things are probably for the USB/Firewire you have in the front of the case. Or just USB. I'm not sure. Anyways, plug both into their respective places on the motherboard, usually called headers.

~Ibrahim~
August 9, 2006 8:52:53 PM

Your m/board should come with a manual which will show you where every wire/plug connects.

Everything should be colour coded too. Follow the manual and you won't go wrong.
Related resources
August 9, 2006 9:08:27 PM

Thanks again guys
But the thing is that I know they are power cables. I know that much heh
However, one is female and one is male? I feel silly to be asking cuz it may be nothing but this manual is a junk! Can't they use color pictures for a nub like me?
August 9, 2006 9:26:41 PM

Quote:
Thanks again guys
But the thing is that I know they are power cables. I know that much heh
However, one is female and one is male? I feel silly to be asking cuz it may be nothing but this manual is a junk! Can't they use color pictures for a nub like me?

If this is the case then it's a pass through power connector for either a fan or a set of LEDs or something thats in the front of your case..Just plug it in a free molex connector from your PSU and you're done...
August 9, 2006 9:43:26 PM

Yes its from the case and it's from the front. Man My PC is one CPU away now! should arrive tomorrow!
!