hp PSC 1610 dot size

This is my 3rd HP printer that buy (my previous was a Dj5610 and a
dj6122)and i am very pleased with it but i think that there is a dot issue
with these new cartridges 338 343 (europe). I noticed that when printing
photos on HP premium plus glossy paper and on other media they look more
grainy if compared with the "old" 5610.

Is this normal?
Thanks again and sorry for my poor english. :(

"geocha" <geocha@aliceposta.it> wrote in message
> This is my 3rd HP printer that buy (my previous was a Dj5610 and a
> dj6122)and i am very pleased with it but i think that there is a dot issue
> with these new cartridges 338 343 (europe). I noticed that when printing
> photos on HP premium plus glossy paper and on other media they look more
> grainy if compared with the "old" 5610.
>
> Is this normal?

This is not normal. The drop size is the same between the 343 and the 57
cartridge. Are you properly selecting Premium Plus paper type in the driver?
Also make sure the alignment page was properly completed.

Regards,

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:05:18 +0000, geocha wrote:

ooppss sorry my older printer is 5652

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:33:16 -0700, Bob Headrick wrote:

> This is not normal. The drop size is the same between the 343 and the 57
> cartridge. Are you properly selecting Premium Plus paper type in the driver?
> Also make sure the alignment page was properly completed.
>
> Regards,

i ran 2-3 clean and alignment cicles but nothing!
I can't say that the dot is much bigger but a little bit yes!
And sometimes i think that the dots are in wrong place.
I should try a new cart