  • Printers
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
May 20, 2004 10:49:30 PM

I'm trying to come up with a configuration to support network attached
printers. This configuration would be for larger SOHO or office
installs. Both Windows and Linux PC's as well as the Internet at large
needs to access the printers.

I've looked at Netgear's PS101 product but it does not seem to support
either the Internet Printer Protocol (IPP) or Linux in general. I'm
currently looking at the Trendnet TE100-P1P product
(http://www.trendnet.com/products/TE100-P1P.htm). Does anyone have
experience with this product or a similar product. The Trendnet
product seems to have excellent documenation and standards support.

Any comments or words of wisdom much appreciated.

More about : print server question

Anonymous
December 6, 2004 5:48:29 PM

we purchased 3 of these units for printing off the IBM AS/400 direct to
IP. So far, I've only got it working via Windows2000 (quite well), but
I'm having problems getting it to properly print from the 400. Seems
like it prints out some type of menu settings (like in the Novell
forum), but I'm determined to get it working properly.

In the past I've had great experience with TrendNET products, & these
were a steal at $49 each from CDW.

Will keep the forum posted...

!