Print Server Question -

I'm trying to come up with a configuration to support network attached
printers. This configuration would be for larger SOHO or office
installs. Both Windows and Linux PC's as well as the Internet at large
needs to access the printers.

I've looked at Netgear's PS101 product but it does not seem to support
either the Internet Printer Protocol (IPP) or Linux in general. I'm
currently looking at the Trendnet TE100-P1P product
(http://www.trendnet.com/products/TE100-P1P.htm). Does anyone have
experience with this product or a similar product. The Trendnet
product seems to have excellent documenation and standards support.

Any comments or words of wisdom much appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about print server question

    we purchased 3 of these units for printing off the IBM AS/400 direct to
    IP. So far, I've only got it working via Windows2000 (quite well), but
    I'm having problems getting it to properly print from the 400. Seems
    like it prints out some type of menu settings (like in the Novell
    forum), but I'm determined to get it working properly.

    In the past I've had great experience with TrendNET products, & these
    were a steal at $49 each from CDW.

    Will keep the forum posted...

    Tom B. wrote:
    > I'm trying to come up with a configuration to support network
    attached
    > printers. This configuration would be for larger SOHO or office
    > installs. Both Windows and Linux PC's as well as the Internet at
    large
    > needs to access the printers.
    >
    > I've looked at Netgear's PS101 product but it does not seem to
    support
    > either the Internet Printer Protocol (IPP) or Linux in general. I'm
    > currently looking at the Trendnet TE100-P1P product
    > (http://www.trendnet.com/products/TE100-P1P.htm). Does anyone have
    > experience with this product or a similar product. The Trendnet
    > product seems to have excellent documenation and standards support.
    >
    > Any comments or words of wisdom much appreciated.

Configuration Printers Networking