MatTheMurdera

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
I recently got my E6400 in and its turning on but isnt showing picture, is it just that somewhere along the line I screwed up on video, or is it not POSTing due to BIOS? Im not sure what BIOS I have so I cant narrow it down just by that. Thanks.

P5W DH Deluxe unkown BIOS
E6400 Retail
7800GT
PQI DDR2 533 2GB

mulciber

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2006
is your front speaker connected? is it beeping?

Try reseating the cpu and ram.
Also reseat the graphics card and make sure the psu connectors are all connected.

MatTheMurdera

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
The RAM, CPU and GPU are all pluged in and everything is powered correctly. I switched RAM and the GPU in different slots and cards even.

G

First thing to do is to un conenct everything you dont need, CD/DVD etc
Put only one stick of ram, try them separatly.

If the fan spin up and you dont get any beeps, usually a ram/vid card problem.

Have'nt had any problems with the stock Bios on the P5W DH...

ctrl_alt_del

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
I recently got my E6400 in and its turning on but isnt showing picture, is it just that somewhere along the line I screwed up on video, or is it not POSTing due to BIOS? Im not sure what BIOS I have so I cant narrow it down just by that. Thanks.

P5W DH Deluxe unkown BIOS
E6400 Retail
7800GT
PQI DDR2 533 2GB

That mobo doesn't support the core 2 duo's without updating the bios, so you have 2 options
1) Somehow get a socket 775 cpu that isn't a c2d and use that as your CPU so you can update your BIOs with it.
or
2) Call asus and have them send you a new bios chip, they will try to charge you for it but if you tell them that you refuse to pay for their f*** ups then they will send it to you for free.